Cusomize MU with Lemur Editor

Post your Lemur Projects.
pianopaul
Cusomize MU with Lemur Editor

Post by pianopaul » 11 Dec 2011 12:11

Is it possible to customize MU for Ableton with Lemur Editor?
I would like to add some additional controls to the Volume fader Section.

Macciza
Regular

Re: Cusomize MU with Lemur Editor

Post by Macciza » 12 Dec 2011 02:31

Hi
Essentially - yes but you would really want to have full Max, not just M4L to do it properly . . .
What do you want to add? Maybe we can all work on it bit . . .
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

protocol

Post by protocol » 12 Dec 2011 14:59

You can use Lemur Editor to make customized template and load them into Mu thru the loader on the M4L device itself. That will load on opening the live set.
I have worked on this quite a bit and will release something next week for being able to control parameters better via OSC thru MU customized templates. This will help MU significantly and get out of the studio use and more to performance use.

Edited: Mu only sends messages via OSC if 1) they are main messages like the master fader, or 2) if the device is open on Mu interface (volume, sends, etc). So if they're general things you want to add, see if Mu sends the OSC message all the time or temporarily. If you change the container to Mu and add these general OSC sends, then you can perminantly change Mu, otherwise you'll have to change the code itself.

The other thing you can do is copy and paste the bits and peices you like from Mu into another custom template and load that in via the Mu loader. Sebastien Harvey's Custom Mu Device he released a few weeks ago is really good for further information on customizing Mu templates. Check it out!

Any device parameter inside of loaded slots A and B to load the devices in only works when they're open, like stated above, these parameters OSC messages are restricted to these slots while in the slot and disabled when out of the slot (dont send any OSC message at all). Look at the OSC messages and you'll know what i mean. My device will solve this problem, but you'll have to wait a week and a bit to find out how :) (i just have to finish these superfluous finals first!)

Edit: here is the link to Sebastien Harvey's Mu Customer Loader device http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/62/
And remember you cant have Mu and Lemur Loader open at the same time, you'd have to create the template first, then load into Mu Loader Section.

pianopaul

Post by pianopaul » 17 Dec 2011 14:00

Hi, thanks for that lot of information.
In the meantime I developed a custom surface which uses M4L - quick and dirty.
I would like to extend the orginal MU like this:

In General: The section which shows the fader should also show mute buttons and a fader to control a
reverb effect in Ableton Live.

In the section above the volume faders a matrix is shown just to select scenes, no clips.

Would be very happy to use MU because of the self binding to current tracks in Ableton.
With my solution I have to provide different M4L-Patches for different Live sets.

As stated above - quick and dirty.
Attachments
Lemur.pdf.zip
(45.85KiB)Downloaded 189 times