16Step

Post your Lemur Projects.
phase_change
Regular
16Step

Post by phase_change » 06 Sep 2016 18:18

Hi guys,

I'm glad you seem to like my work. I would like to ask for your feedback on how I can make this project better. Please feel free to tell me things you like about 16Step, things you don't like, and any suggestions you would like to make. Also, if you have any questions regarding this project, please feel free to ask in this thread.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

phase_change
Regular

Re: 16Step

Post by phase_change » 30 Nov 2016 17:00

Project update: 16Step recently reached 2,000 downloads! You guys are awesome. Back when I first built and posted this, I began working on version 1. I wanted to increase the number of octaves the template included as well as adding some additional features. After doing some tests on the accuracy of the midi clock while using iConnect midi 2+, I realized that even at it's current size, it had an accuracy of + or - .25 BPM. It became clear to me that in order to achieve my vision for my two most popular projects (16step and MPD32), I would need to build an engine in Max/MSP, but at the time, my programming chops were not up to the task. I then began to focus on updating Monemur to work with midi (still a work in progress, but I'm going to get back to it soon), finishing school, and moving.

I had been saying to myself that once this project reached a significant milestone, I would pick it back up again, and finish it. To celebrate reaching 2,000 downloads, I've finally started to work on building a step sequencer engine in Max/MSP. Although I just started yesterday, I've made significant progress. There are still a few major design decisions I need to make, specifically regarding pattern storage and key selection, but I've been able to finish the core of the engine. Once it's finished I'm going to update this template.

phase_change
Regular

Re: 16Step

Post by phase_change » 08 Dec 2016 13:05

Update (if anyone cares) MPD32 is pretty much finished. The Max patch for 16 step is much more complicated, so ETA is probably going to be January or February. There are like 2 or 3 things I need to fix before releasing MPD32 and also need to create a how to so that ppl new to Max will understand how it works... so probably this weekend?