Sequencomat on Lemur for iPad?

Post your Lemur Projects.
jenz
Re: Sequencomat on Lemur for iPad?

Post by jenz » 21 Jan 2012 18:46

It's working and I love it! Thanx for this super sequencer! I think I'm going to buy the full
version for the probability and delay tabs...

How do you make a two (or more) mesures pattern?

Thanx

JS

mat
Regular

Post by mat » 22 Jan 2012 19:58

I added a new control surface to the sequencomat package:
I flipped the controls, so now function choice is at the top (in line with interface choice on lemur 3.0) and stepvalues are also on the top also....
On original hardware Lemur the palm of my hands always rest at its massiv steel body, and function and range of stepvalues were in a good reachable position. Now on Ipad I tend more to hold the sequencer (and the whole lemur) in my hand, one at the bottom and so the hand free for control got better touch on the top part - position of range e.g. feels better for me if on top. However, Zip contains normal and flipped version (and also normal legacy resolution), so free to choose :)

@ jenz
How do you make a two (or more) mesures pattern?
Sequencomat got maximium 16 steps per pattern. You can activate followfunctions, so at the end of the pattern e.g. the next starts, but that is only in full version (I call it "auto pattern chain")... Is that what you ment?

Enjoy * mat
Lemur modules and sequencer: http://music-interface.com
Setup: Win7professional 32bit, Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2,66 GHz.,Tascam US-144MKII, Ableton Live 8.4,
Arturia Analog Lab., Max/Msp, Maxforlive, Lemur Legacy + Ipad, Akai MPK61, Doepfer Pocket Control

jenz

Post by jenz » 22 Jan 2012 20:07

Yep!
If I switch it to pattern chain all of the patterns in the same bank will loop?
If I want a two bars phrase, can I decide that only two patterns will loop?

I guess I have a 3rd reason to buy the full version... ;O)

Thanx

jenz

Post by jenz » 22 Jan 2012 21:04

Forget my questions, I found my answers in your user manual.

Are you going to implement the Sequencomat with the possibility to arrange your scales settings directly in the lemur?

Thanx

electrofux
Regular

Post by electrofux » 24 Jan 2012 22:36

Hi,

i just got my pro version and it is running really good since i figured why i couldnt get a proper connection in an adhoc network.
Computer and Ipad was connected fine in the adhoc network but the osctest-button in sequencomat wasnt working and therefore the whole thing wasnt running.
In the end it was the firewall blocking incoming data from the ipad because the network is an open/public one and different rules apply there. I had to allow 2 Max entries to pass the firewall. Now it is running considerably tight with very rare hickups when i use the mouse scrolling in Reason but nothing compared to the normal wifi connection.

I am still a bit worried because the best security i can get on the adhoc network is WEP. WPA doesnt work with the ipad as far as i have learned so far.

Anyone knows how to configure the adhoc to make it reasonably safe? Or even how to make wpa work?

Anyways great work, worth the money, i am happy :-)

Cheers
Markus

P.S.: Are more tracks possible in the future? 16 would be so nice :-)

electrofux
Regular

Post by electrofux » 02 Feb 2012 17:09

Any info on the possibility to have 16 tracks? Also a second cc for a track would be cool.

mat
Regular

Post by mat » 03 Feb 2012 10:22

@ electrofux
sorry for late reply, bussy week ;)
Running 2 sequencomat full version is - unfortunately - not possible. The problem is based on the paths that include container names for object, they all have to be changed for a parallel version. Even more: the patch also sends many variables inside from A to B, these names have to be different in a parallel version too. At all it is a big deal. If I creat(ed) a module new, I always change all adresses to make them work parallel. But SequencomatV3 full is such a big patch.... However: running lite version and full version together is possible! (I added a "l" behind all pathways and variables when I created it)

about connection:
nice you posted it. and normally ad-hoc is the best connection.
I had problems with adhoc (seems my PC does not like my iPad) so I connected via Wlan over my router. Bad idea first, because to slow. But then I changed the channel of my router and now everything works really fine! Background: I see over 20 Wlans from my neighbors, so there is a lot of traffic. channel can be the bottleneck. I switched to channel 13 and deactivate automatic channel - seems noone else is using channel 13 ;)

all the best
mat
Setup: Win7professional 32bit, Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2,66 GHz.,Tascam US-144MKII, Ableton Live 8.4,
Arturia Analog Lab., Max/Msp, Maxforlive, Lemur Legacy + Ipad, Akai MPK61, Doepfer Pocket Control

electrofux
Regular

Post by electrofux » 03 Feb 2012 11:02

what i found works best for me atm is adhoc via connectify. It is still wep but it is quicker to setup and you see who connects. I have tried so many different setups and this came out on top. But i give the channel switching a try since i have loads of wlans around.

Have you thought about adding a couple of track to the full version (maybe made accessable by wipe-scrolling up and down).
The lite/full combo is somehow workable but when switching patterns obviously not very ergonomic.

mat
Regular

Post by mat » 03 Feb 2012 11:26

Sure, I have thought about making full version a 12 or 16 track... there are 2 (potential) problems:
- technically it would be no big deal to add some tracks in max. But I am not sure if performance will still be fast enough. Actually I wonder with every update that it is still working... cause the maxpatch got now over 5 MB. That is pretty heavy! (I know no other maxpatch which is even nearly so big)... But if lite and full can run together it might also work with more tracks on full version :)
- Scrolling through tracks is also technical no problem, but I am not sure if I like it. In Sequencomat is a strong principle: You hear what you see. If I scroll i might hear some tracks I don´t see. Ergonomically this is a problem....
However - I will think about with next update!

Actually I once thought 3.3 would be the last version. It is a big patch, working proper, and most functions I had in mind are realised. But new iPad Lemur pushed meback to scripting - so I think of an update (will be free for all users). Anyway - this will take months... I got a fulltime job at the moment... but just some ideas in my mind (no guaranty it will be in next update!):
- mark already saved pattern slots by highlighting them
- integrate programm change
- "couple" tracks: so you can make 2x32 and 4x16 or whatever
- add more tracks

what would be most interesting for users?

cheers*mat

electrofux
Regular

Post by electrofux » 03 Feb 2012 12:28

mat wrote: - "couple" tracks: so you can make 2x32 and 4x16 or whatever
- add more tracks
Those two would be totally awesome (plus a second cc to modulate- crazy step modulation is one of the coolest things of step sequencers).
Coupling tracks especially is a very nice idea :D