Live 8 Python Remote

Post your Lemur Projects.
MrCorba
Regular
Live 8 Python Remote

Post by MrCorba » 04 Feb 2016 20:02

After a long time I finally start to understand how python and remote scripts work. And here it is! Sure it's a lame name but I couldn't think of a better one ;) It's based on LiveControl2 and the RemoteSl scripts.

For now it's just a simple mixer with working Track Name display. I remember a lot of people asking for this on the forum, so here it is! Just copy the folder to the remote script directory and select it in live. I start adding more things and I'll post some modules if people want to.

For now it only works with Live 8, but as soon as I'm in the mood(read: as soon as I've got money), I'll buy Live 9 and try to update the script to 9 as well.

I've added all my python scripts decompiled and added some comments so hopefully more people get inspired and together we can get all the knowledge about python.

Cheers!
Attachments
MrLemur.zip
(9.46KiB)Downloaded 356 times
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba

MrCorba
Regular

Re: Live 8 Python Remote

Post by MrCorba » 24 Mar 2016 21:08

It's been a while but here a small update on the python scripts. Now added device control support. Works with knobs and xy-pads and shows the name of the 8 selected parameters. Only thing not working yet is when you change the name of a macro control, you have to reselect the device, or assign a parameter. Also attached are the decompyled python scripts so everyone can see how it's done....
Attachments
MrLemurV2.zip
(13.26KiB)Downloaded 370 times
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno

AkaMed

Post by AkaMed » 09 Dec 2016 22:45

Hello MrCorba,

I am interested in making it work in Ableton Live 9. I've been having a look at your Lemur and Python code, but I am a bit lost with your Python scripts, I will need to try a bit deeper and see if I achieve something.
If you have some news, I would be pleased to know it. I have my own Python scripts and I would like also to control them with Lemur by using sysex (or maybe OSC) because I don't want to use standard MIDI messages.
I don't know how you get sysex from Ableton Live :)

Best regards

Ruben

MrCorba
Regular

Post by MrCorba » 10 Dec 2016 16:56

The plan is to get Live9 in the next couple of weeks so then I can check to get the script working on Live9 and make some modifications.

To get more into scripting I used the LiveControl2 uncompyled files. If you want them I could upload them tomorrow. Then it's just a matter of a lot of trial and error and see what does what;)

Let me know

AkaMed

Post by AkaMed » 12 Dec 2016 19:19

Thank you MrCorba

I uncompiled the LiveControl2 pyc's but it is a lot of stuff there...

I am trying with OSC but I will be following your work....

Best

Ruben