ChordMonkey - Chord Progressions for Foot Controllers

Post your Lemur Projects.
rad3d
ChordMonkey - Chord Progressions for Foot Controllers

Post by rad3d » 08 Jan 2016 05:32

Just posted my first Lemur project
https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/638/

Might not be for everyone, as it was defined to fill a void for my specific use on iOS. In my situation, I play guitar and trigger keyboards with my foot controllers. We play with a live drummer, though don't use click tracks or sequencers, and I needed a simple way to trigger chord progressions or short riffs to different midi devices. Each step on a single trigger can progress through up to 8 different chords. I also needed an ability to tap tempo to time up short riffs that can be played in sync with the drummer. I've been through every app imaginable trying to find something with these types of features - and all of them fell short.

The app also includes a device manager that supports PC changes, midi volume and CC control for up to 12 iOS or external midi devices. All chord progressions and device settings can be stored in the app's 48 presets.

In beta right now as there will still be some tweaks. Would love to get feedback on overall functionality and usefulness from others. It's working well for my needs, so far.

rad3d

Re: ChordMonkey - Chord Progressions for Foot Controllers

Post by rad3d » 08 Jan 2016 13:31

Just made a quick update to the template to fix a minor display problem and properly zeroed out all device settings in the posted template. If you had already downloaded and hadn't gotten started with too much, you might download again. The new template is beta 0.7.1

Another note - with the amount of presets, and the amount of settings potentially applied to each - I'd love to find a way to save/load presets using an external file or source. I had read in some other forum messages that this might be possible with an OSC source. Can anyone verify how that - or something similar - could potentially be accomplished? Obviously, presets are saved with a Lemur file save, but that doesn't provide a facility for someone to transfer presets if I update the template.

rad3d

Re: ChordMonkey - Chord Progressions for Foot Controllers

Post by rad3d » 08 Jan 2016 21:58