Difference between "jzlib" and "jzml"?

Post your Lemur Projects.
oivindi
Difference between "jzlib" and "jzml"?

Post by oivindi » 07 Dec 2011 23:17

I've downloaded some templates from the Liine user library, and notice some end with "jzlib", others with "jzml".

Only the latter can be read with iPad/iPhone. What are jzlib files, and how can they be read with iOS version of Lemur?

Macciza
Regular

Re: Difference between "jzlib" and "jzml"?

Post by Macciza » 08 Dec 2011 00:28

High
Try re-reading Section 2 of the manual . . .
jzlib's are modules, jzml are projects/templates . . .
Both can be used with Lemurs - iOS or Legacy
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

tomoe97

Post by tomoe97 » 08 Dec 2011 03:33

In order to convert a module (jzlib) into a template (jzml), does one need to do anything other than import the module into the editor and then save the project as a template? I've tried doing that with two separate modules (Sequencomat and Ball-U-Lator) and the exported templates failed to send midi data once they were imported into Lemur on the iPad. Thus far, I've had no trouble getting the legacy templates to work--only the modules (jzlib) converted into templates have given me problems. What am I doing wrong?

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 08 Dec 2011 04:41

High
Yep basically it is just 'import and save' and that gives you a project . . .
But you still need to work out what it does, and more importantly 'how' it does it . . .
Some of the more complex scripting can make this difficult to actual work out however . . .

Ballulator has a 'target' variable that is set to 2 which probably means Daemon2,
so either set D2 up to work or set 'target' to 0 to use Daemon 0 . . .

Hope that helps
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

tomoe97

Post by tomoe97 » 08 Dec 2011 23:32

Where is the target variable set to 2 in Ballulator? When I open the Ballulator template in the Lemur Editor and select the ball frame, both the "Object Target" & "Target" are initially listed as "Parent (none)." I changed that to Midi 0 (thinking that this would correlate with Daemon 0), but it still doesn't produce midi notes. Are you referring to a different target variable?

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 21 Dec 2011 09:52

Hi Tomoe

Look in the ballulator and you will see a user-varaible(green dot) called 'target' - this is what I am referring to . . .

Also notice the 'onTick' script, it calls the 'doNotes' script - in 'doNotes' you will see that the 'target' variable is used for midiout targets . . .
Hope that helps . .
MM

PS we seem to have had a few 'spammers' lately too . . . .