Lemur Omnichord Style Midi Controller

Post your Lemur Projects.
ephemerlol
Lemur Omnichord Style Midi Controller

Post by ephemerlol » 28 Nov 2015 05:08

Hey there, I uploaded this template to the user library about a month ago, and have since found a pretty stupid bug and added Diminished chords. I am curious about the process for updating a template in the user library, it seems like bad etiquette to just post a duplicate.

That problem aside I wanted to have a thread here for feedback so I could find problems faster, and maybe field some good suggestions to improve the template.

Here is the updated template https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1ph2og8r1qwh ... .jzml?dl=0 I tried uploading as an attachment but the forum didn't let me.

In this version I added diminished chords and made the minor 7 button actually play the minor 7th interval instead of the major 7th. With support for the diminished chords the old version with the extra panel including a more complete scale did not really sound very good, so this version only has 1st 3rd and 5th intervals on the strum plate. I'd be glad to hear any suggestions on what more complete scales the strum plate could play, but the stuff I've tried has generally sounded pretty bad and wasn't intuitive.

I'd like to apologize in advance for how bad the code is, when I sat down to prove the concept I just brute forced everything and then I was too lazy to start over. The resulting code is super amateurish and very clunky, I might get around to doing it correctly eventually but now that it works its hard to want to.

Anyway let me know what you think, I'm especially curious about what to do with the user library.

MrCorba
Regular

Re: Lemur Omnichord Style Midi Controller

Post by MrCorba » 28 Nov 2015 13:29

If you go to your file in the user library and click on it, right below the screenshot you can click Edit. In this window you can change anything you want
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba

ephemerlol

Re: Lemur Omnichord Style Midi Controller

Post by ephemerlol » 29 Nov 2015 20:21

Ah, thanks. I needed to refresh the page after logging in to see the edit button. cheers :D