Jomox Xbase 999 Editor

Post your Lemur Projects.
strl
Jomox Xbase 999 Editor

Post by strl » 09 Oct 2015 05:12

I recently picked up an Xbase 999, I love the sound of it and the features are great, the problem was getting to some of them due to the wonky OS and screen layout.

After a few days scratching my head figuring out the filter routing I set about creating an editor for it.

Here's a rubbish video of me showing it off.

Here are the details...

Features:

1. A single page "mixer". All level, pan, mute and filter routing options are available from one page. (setting these functions can be a PITA from the xbase's front panel as they are spread about on different pages).

2. Control both filters from one knob! (for those that don't know, the xbase has a neat stereo filter, but there's no way to control them together).

3. Full editing of all voices. A single page containing all voice perimeters and a page per drum for those with fat fingers.

4. Save and browse kit's.

Issues:

1. I've tried the editor using two MIDI interfaces, a Unitor 8 and an Elektron TM1. The Unitor worked fine, the TM-1 not so well. It works for a little bit, but then the Xbase starts to go crazy as if it's being sent a bunch of CC messages all at once. Could just be my TM, dunno.

2. Using the pan controls during playback causes the the sequencer to hiccup.

Coming soon (maybe):

1. UI clean up. Some of the functions are a little fiddly. Will be fixing those for sure.

2. More LFOs! I see some advanced Lemur users have been adding LFOs to their patches. I'm gonna look into that and maybe add a couple of additional modulators to the editor, maybe with some kind of matrix system.

3. suggestions?

If you end up using this let me know how you get on!

Xbase 999 Editor