MIDI transformer/Ch splitter possible?

Post your Lemur Projects.
spoon
MIDI transformer/Ch splitter possible?

Post by spoon » 04 Apr 2015 22:05

Hi,

I'm trying to recreate a MIDI setup from my desktop system in which each successive incoming MIDI note is sent out to the next MIDI channel in a series. (for example, each note in a sequence gets sent to MIDI chs 1-8 on a repeating cycle).

Does anyone know of an existing template that can do this? (I'm assuming it's possible?!)

Any other ideas welcomed too.

Cheers.

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: MIDI transformer/Ch splitter possible?

Post by ndivuyo » 05 Apr 2015 17:34

I'm really not good with this custom MIDI sending stuff, so hopefully someone else will help you out..

there are 2 places you might do it in (maybe more?)

1. creating a custom midi expression (bottom right) and then assign the 'channel' parameter to a custom made variable (expression) that you change in a script (probably using %8 and ++)

2. Doing the same as above but with a noteout() command all in a script

Both of these would probably be executed "On MIDI", unless it's changed only when buttons are pressed, then you can probably execute the scripts "on expression (x or whatever)"

But in the meantime try searching the forum and checking the user guide for some help.

spoon

Post by spoon » 06 Apr 2015 12:28

Thanks for the input!

I am a complete novice with Lemur and scripting, but maybe I can get my head around this stuff. :oops:

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 06 Apr 2015 16:27

unfortunately I cannot post an example because of the board attachment quota issue that's come up... so good luck!
Try and learn some scripting and if you have questions please post