need help to finalise my ambivalents beats works without M4L

Post your Lemur Projects.
cedrico69
need help to finalise my ambivalents beats works without M4L

Post by cedrico69 » 07 Mar 2015 18:13

Hi

I use maschine 2.0 and i love ambivalents beats and don't want use Ableton Live...

I m a beginner in script i made that with 1 week training on lemur.
So i decided to make a Midi version of Ambivalents Beats so it works with a stepnote object (so midi clock is need to test the Lemur project..)
the codes works great to store and recall the 16 presets of notes and velocity settings presets.
the clearsound button and reset also works great.

but i have a problem with 2 things i didn't arrive to script it correcly.

*Make the Mutes button works correcly (each mute Button disable midi note of each StepNote presets)
*i want each Sound Select (called Switches object in my project) equals to the correct midi note in my array notes variable , so note[1]=1, note[8]=22....

Please a fun with my project and find why it's note working correctly

Any improve or explanation is Welcome

thanks for your time.
Attachments
ambivalents ced V12.jzml
version of ambivalents beats works in midi
(27.73KiB)Downloaded 158 times

Softcore
Regular

Re: need help to finalise my ambivalents beats works without

Post by Softcore » 12 Mar 2015 17:52

I have a very busy schedule for the following weeks - if noone else chimes in, I'll have a look at it, but unfortunately at the end of this month!

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 12 Mar 2015 22:05

hmm I don't know ambivalent beats really but I'll try to help, also I just briefly looked at it and have some questions

*Make the Mutes button works correcly (each mute Button disable midi note of each StepNote presets)

---So you mean you want to stop the array of that particular stepNote sequence from being sent out?(Your stepSequencer called MultiSlider right?) does that mean temporarily clearing the array? or not allowing the midi data going out? or not being able to select that set? or..?

*i want each Sound Select (called Switches object in my project) equals to the correct midi note in my array notes variable , so note[1]=1, note[8]=22....

---In what way does the Sound Select (Switches) "equal" that correct midi note? Like you want the correct number label to appear on the switches? or is there some other variable? or do you want the array (padstest) to equal the corresponding midi note instead of "1"? or is there another variable??

Let me know! (unless you already figured it out)

cedrico69

Post by cedrico69 » 13 Mar 2015 01:02

hi ndivugo,

thanks for your message.

To make a better define of the project :

you can have a look at : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b19oUuWluxc

i want to develop a 16 presets Stpenote Object , each Switch object Call a StepNote Object , each Switch Object is equal to sole midi note you can mute or perhaps make solos and with the Switch object you recall presets. i also want add some velocity features a swing and a Fader to send Midi CC for each preset.

Best regards

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 13 Mar 2015 01:32

Ok, so are you hoping to control and send all this information or are you going to use Machine 2.0(which I am unfamiliar with) for help (with the sequencing)
--If you do all the sequencing on lemur (which you may or may not find unstable, I'd lean towards may) then you have to have 16 stepNote objects in existence which you could have tabbed in a container(which would save on processing) but for your method you'll have to show/hide them with a script in Switches like:

let's say all your StepNote objects are called: Steps(1-16)

on expression 'x'

decl i,index=firstof(x);
for(i=0;i<16;i++){
if(index==i)show(findobject('Steps'+(i+1)),1);
else show(findobject('Steps'+(i+1)),0);
}

This will show/hide the 16 different stepNote objects.
As you can see this is a lot, and the best way would be to have one object (can't be a step object) like switches as a dummy for making your different arrays for sequencing and then send those arrays to the sequencers on your software. Then you would use the 'light' to show the sequencer's position by getting the current step information from your software and sending that back to a variable in lemur. Or maybe sequence them on lemur, in which case you'd have to build your own mechanism on your layout, but I'm not sure if that'll run better than the step objects and it wouldn't have swing.

**OR you could be clever and use just ONE stepSequencer object and perhaps take that data and apply it to different arrays to trigger your desired sequences, that would save you a ton of space, although I haven't really thought it through exactly how you'd do that...

I don't know Machine, but I'm assuming from your approach you can't just transfer arrays over OSC to some in-built sequencer, so you'll probably have to make 16 step sequencers and show/hide them and they all run at the same time (when they are active). But hopefully I'm wrong!

Then you should just assign your desired pitch on the various step Note objects via your array:
for example your second stepNote object's 'Pitch' Attribute:
Pitch = notes[1]

Anyway I don't use the step objects really, so I am not an expert but these are my thoughts. Depending on how you develop the 16 sequencers, will change the way you'd assign the pitches (MIDI note number) based on the 'notes' array

Hope that helps........... let me know!

cedrico69

Post by cedrico69 » 14 Mar 2015 09:02

hi Nbivuyo,

Thanks , it's help a lots.
The method with show object can works great.
How mute temporaly the midi out "note on" message for each preset of the StepNote object ? prehaps is better to do it mith the StepSwitch object, because there is a out variable but here is not a pitch behavior...

For Explain a little more my step-up , i wan't construct a "very live setup" : my Ni Maschine is working alone, Maschine in my setup is the master midi clock (NO OSC anyway) of all my gear (it's a cool stuff for live).
this project is in sync witch maschine and send midi data to a modified TR909 project on Reaktor (with a lot of effects), so the two programms (Reaktor & Maschine) are launched at the same time.,
i use the Lemur project as the main sequencer for Reaktor Drum Maschine project ...
Also i wan't complete my setup with the new Roland Mx-1 who is a soundcard (18 channels) coupled to a DJ style Mixer , with pre-listen montioring options & effects, all that **** noeed only a USB cable.
i think this product has a really good approach.

Best Regards

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 15 Mar 2015 02:24

yea I don't know the proper way to mute a stepObject (no experience), unless you find a better answer, just be creative like change the pitch to an open number or maybe change the clock source temporarily to a Clock that isn't active.

Just be sure to test the stability of your setup, maybe try with 2-8 of them or something and see how they sound running together (if you haven't already). I don't know if # of them makes a difference in that or not, (just feels like it would).

Hope it works great