Ableton Session Clip Launch

Post your Lemur Projects.
ndivuyo
Regular
Ableton Session Clip Launch

Post by ndivuyo » 29 Jan 2015 23:02

Hey, I have been thinking a lot about making a layout for Ableton Session view clip launching. Here's what I'm thinking:
-1 interface(page)
-Huge view (maxing pads or whatever I need to use at 16x16)
-Midi Remote script connected and displaying color and maybe clip name too on pads
-Ability to zoom in/out (so maybe a button on the side/top/bottom that brings a canvas over the launch pads and you can gesture to "zoom" in and out on any section bringing it as big as a 4x4 or bigger) And also a gesture or intuitive method for moving left/right/up/down
- basically it, keeping it very simple (maybe the stops too and the row clip launchers). It's got to look pretty much just like the clips in the Session view.

I'm thinking use not just for live play, but for production so you you can move through projects with a lot of tracks and clips easily and not be confined to limited views (basically you can "see" most or all of your set and navigate and zoom into sections with ease). Since it's one page you can attach other goodies with it.

Soo, anyone interested? I mean mainly for collaborating, as I am not too familiar at all with the Python Scripts other than slight tweaking if anything. I've looked into it slightly and it seems like a good group project if others with knowledge are seriously interested, could be a useful tool!

Softcore
Regular

Re: Ableton Session Clip Launch

Post by Softcore » 30 Jan 2015 00:01

Its a great idea and I badly wanted to create one myself......BUT.....I absolutely SUCK at Python scripts. I have no clue whatsoever.