String Instrument interface, Padma

Post your Lemur Projects.
ndivuyo
Regular
String Instrument interface, Padma

Post by ndivuyo » 01 Nov 2014 00:01

Hey guys,
I'm sharing an interface I made for a string instrument I built years ago called the Padma. Kind of a santoor, zither hybrid. It's a m4l patch connected via OSC. Also there's a version that you can throw in front of any instrument. It's got 14 strings you can pluck or hold.
It's pretty fun! Used my shitty canvas skills/took form learning pack. Thanks to Macciza too, I took one of your ellipse canvas drawings for a section.

More description in the download link and a video link too (if you want to see it):

https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/530/

enjoy!

Macciza
Regular

Re: String Instrument interface, Padma

Post by Macciza » 05 Nov 2014 13:33

Hi, Nice work . .
Hmm, but its actually causing crashes for me on an iPad Air . . .
But it looks good - had something similar to the string thing underway
Will have a bit more of a look into it all and get back to you

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 05 Nov 2014 19:27

have seen this some days ago, looks very interesting. The Lemur side is great. I couldn't make sound with it yet, must try again with the connection.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 06 Nov 2014 02:34

Ok, some success . . .
Seems to not play too nice on my system but have had a look ...
Definitely runs better with a bit of optimisation now....
Most important is to set as much as possible to on Demand drawing, particularly static items like the background . . .
Some interesting solutions in parts of it - well hacked, congrats on ending up with what you wanted by whatever means .
Can also help you tidy up some of the code if you want, and explain why it was like it was. . .
There are a few apparent possible misconceptions that might help getting cleared up along the way . . .

Overall, great result, and congrats on the instrument the it controls as well ...

Cheers
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 06 Nov 2014 06:18

thanks all.
Yea I'm very new to programming ,so just kind of experiment and leave things a mess etc.
Improvement and advice is always appreciated, canvas stuff is obviously super new to me as well.
I'm starting to learn from great examples in learning pack, AB and Macciza and the rest of ya'll on here.. hopefully will improve over time.
Kind of a fun project I made when I was bored haha not super practical of course ;) Performance is not as clean as I hoped.
--Next time!

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 13 Nov 2014 03:44

Macciza made some great improvements! Here is an update provided by Macciza (1.2)---the bending strings is great!

https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/530/