West (Reaktor) programmer

Post your Lemur Projects.
Phil999
Regular
West (Reaktor) programmer

Post by Phil999 » 07 Oct 2014 15:30

West// is an interesting Reaktor ensemble by Icaro Ferre.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/co ... show/8123/

So I simply had to create a programmer for it in Lemur. It's not quite finished, but it works well.

For setup instructions please read the Reaktor manual. All i/o is via Open Sound Control (OSC).

You can download it here:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/co ... show/8184/
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Softcore
Regular

Re: West (Reaktor) programmer

Post by Softcore » 07 Oct 2014 15:46

Super cool! Thanks!

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 23 Oct 2014 09:39

version 0.7.9 with a couple of improvements, also thanks to you Softcore.

The primary idea was to have a functioning programmer for this Reaktor Ensemble, which was rather quickly done. Now this template turns out to be a piece of exercise in graphic design using the Canvas object. I learned many things in the process. I can think of some more improvements (knobs, round corners for the levers, gradients, shadows, etc.), but for the moment I'm happy with the result. Really start to love the Canvas object.

Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 29 Oct 2014 00:42

Hi
Nice work, interesting solutions to some things . . .
Lots of scope for optimisations that might make canvas life a bit easier
Will try to get to have a look soon and send some revised stuff, if you want...
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 29 Oct 2014 12:55

Hi Phil
Heres a little something to check out ...
RSlider.tiff
RSlider.tiff (5.67KiB)Viewed 7539 times
WestSlider.jzlib
(3.8KiB)Downloaded 259 times
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 29 Oct 2014 18:17

hey thank you Macciza, just came back from a trip and saw your slider knob. Only had a quick look at the code and this is something I can use.

Edit: It's my birthday today. This is a nice present. Thanks again.

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 29 Oct 2014 19:54

Cool stuff Phil999! Macciza, nice canvas slider design! Jai canvas.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 30 Oct 2014 01:22

No worries Phil, happy birthday mate,enjoy ...
A few comments on it all
For loops work well for repeating elements like the lines ...
Splitting stuff out into other functions, ie drawEllipse makes it easier to prototype and to change later ...
This can all also be stuck into a container which simplifys having multiple copies, as all containers have same names internally, and containers wrap the whole thing into one object - can send you a version if you want...

Interesting solution using the slider behind the canvas, but it can also be done natively in canvas without too much drama, again can send you a version if you want . . .

Also this can probably be optimised further, by drawing all the backgrounds only once and only updating faders when they are actually touched
Another thought would be to have the whole interface on one page that you scroll up or down as needed
Does the 'scope' send any data? Would be interesting to see if that could be implemented in lemur somehow ...

Thanks ndivuyo feel free to play with it

Cheers

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 30 Oct 2014 08:05

And . . .
Attachments
ReaktKnob.tiff
Coming soon . . .
ReaktKnob.tiff (6.68KiB)Viewed 7505 times

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 30 Oct 2014 10:42

Macciza wrote: For loops work well for repeating elements like the lines ...
yes I wanted to do that, but I never worked with iteration before. I have to study some examples.
Macciza wrote:Splitting stuff out into other functions, ie drawEllipse makes it easier to prototype and to change later ...
I do this more and more, but could do it even more.
Macciza wrote:Interesting solution using the slider behind the canvas, but it can also be done natively in canvas without too much drama, again can send you a version if you want . . .
that is also planned for a later version. What I did was to keep all the objects and replace them with Canvas objects, just to save time.
Macciza wrote:Also this can probably be optimised further, by drawing all the backgrounds only once and only updating faders when they are actually touched
is this with canvas_save(c)? I've seen this and similar code in a few examples. Didn't understand their meaning but look interesting.
Macciza wrote:Another thought would be to have the whole interface on one page that you scroll up or down as needed
might try that one, but from my experience with my Aalto programmer I found it better to have tabs or opening/closing containers. Scrolling has the disadvantage that the user may not immediately reach the desired parameter. Well, it depends on how it's done. Will think about it. Of course I always try to have everything on one page.
Macciza wrote:Does the 'scope' send any data? Would be interesting to see if that could be implemented in lemur somehow ...
no, unfortunately not. Well that's expected. One would need to send the Reaktor audio to some Max patch that could send OSC/MIDI to Lemur. But I was thinking about blinking LED's for the LFO's. Some day I'm going to dissect the Reaktor Ensemble to see how the LFO is built, how its LED is triggered.

I'm interested in all your ideas. The canvas OSC i/o, optimisations, knobs, sliders, ...