Abletribe: 16+1 Track Rhythm Composer and Padcontroller

Post your Lemur Projects.
APieceofbluesky
Abletribe: 16+1 Track Rhythm Composer and Padcontroller

Post by APieceofbluesky » 10 Jul 2014 19:42

Heya Folks,

i´d love to share my first template with y'all, it is a 16-Track Drum Sequencer primarily designed to control a Drum Rack in Ableton Live,
but should work in different environments as well. It sends MIDI Notes C1(36)-D#2(51) by default. Here is what it does so far:

Abletribe 0.7 Features

• 16 Tracks a 32 Steps
• 16 Patterns with quantized loading
• 16 playable Pads with Step Recording
• Dedicated Velocity Curve and Glide Setting per Track
• 8 Knobs per Track equivalent to Abletons Macro Controls

I´m an absolute newb coding wise, if it wasn´t for the awesome community here, i´d never have gotten this far.
Thanks especially to SoftCore, Mazzica and Oldgearguy for taking the time and sharing their knowledge!

However, i hit a wall finding an efficient solution for pattern saving, apart from the Swing Settings, i couldn´t get it done with vectors so far.
Combining the StepSwitch.x values into a single vector didn´t work for me, i guess it got too big in size?

If anyone could nudge me in the right direction, it would be much apprecciated.

Thanks and Cheers

https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/user/32237/

(file got too large to attach due to inefficient coding :-/)
Last edited by APieceofbluesky on 22 Jul 2014 00:13, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Soap
Regular

Re: Abletribe: 16-Track Drum Sequencer and Padcontroller

Post by Joe Soap » 10 Jul 2014 20:23

I believe the maximum size of an array / vector is 256 . . . hence 16*32 handily exceeds this storage limitation. You'll need to rejig the template such that it only provides 16 steps per-pattern / track - or split storage between multiple arrays.

APieceofbluesky

Post by APieceofbluesky » 10 Jul 2014 20:30

Hi Joe,

thx for the confirmation, that is what i thought it was. I´m gonna have to set up two arrays then, since i love the 32 step layout.

Cheers

APieceofbluesky

Post by APieceofbluesky » 12 Jul 2014 12:13

Finally got it done with the vectors, and consolidated some scripts, Template Size shrunk from 33% to 9% (1.2MB to 627kb)

https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/500/

What i´m working on for future versions:

• Global Settings Dialog for MIDI Channels and Targets
• Recordable Knobs
• Tempo Tap Button
• Some Layout Changes, not sure what to do with the Track Swing Settings

mashmore

Post by mashmore » 20 Jul 2014 01:14

This is a real beauty. Only tinkered a touch last night and loved the workflow. 8 Knobs for 16 pads is excellent design. Now lets hope my cpu can handle all the mappings and usage ;) Thanks for all the hard work. Just curious, anything fancy you do in your ableton midi setup for best results with this device?

APieceofbluesky

Post by APieceofbluesky » 20 Jul 2014 08:06

Thx so much for giving it a try, and for the lovely feedback! Currently working on a much improved version, which will contain a midi channel selector amongst other stuff. This being my first template, im running into difficulties everywhere, still loving the process! However, should be out in the next couple of days, the gorgeous weather here in Germany doesn´t help tho :-)

I test/use this template on an iPad 2, connected to a hackintosh via AKAI SynthStation49 (Audio/Midi Dock with Keyboard). I haven´t tested it over WLAN yet, im afraid of bad results :D.

Using the Clock Offset fader helped me getting a better timing alignment in Ableton as well.

Cheers

APieceofbluesky

Post by APieceofbluesky » 21 Jul 2014 23:35

Hey guys,

happy to bring you beta 1.0 of AbleTribe! https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/500/

Changelog:

-added Bass Synth Sequencer section
-added Settings menu with MIDI Channel Selectors and StepDivision
-added LED Grid for Drum Pattern overview

-fixed Pattern loading
-fixed Note Off
-consolidated 16 individual Pads into one Pad array

I released this earlier than planned, as i discovered that Pattern Loading didn´t work for Tracks 8-16 before.
The several bugs left (that i know of) should get sorted out in the next few days.

So looking forward to actually use this thing, instead of messing around in the Editor :-)

Please let me know what you think, and if you find Bugs. Suggestions are very welcome as well!!

APieceofbluesky

Re: Abletribe: 16+1 Track Rhythm Composer and Padcontroller

Post by APieceofbluesky » 28 Jul 2014 00:35

Changelog 1.1:
- added virtual Keyboard with visual Step Feedback
for Bass Synth Sequencer
- added Pattern Saving for Bass Synth Pitch Range