work in progress: Keyboard with Arpeggiator

Post your Lemur Projects.
electrofux
Regular
work in progress: Keyboard with Arpeggiator

Post by electrofux » 20 Apr 2014 18:22

Edit: found a bug in the scale and the hold function, will upload a new version later when it is fixed.

Over the last days i was working on a very lean keyboard template and decided to integrate an Arpeggiator.

This came with quite alot of problems. Especially because with an Arpeggiator you need to change the step count of a sequencer very often. And changing the stepcount means working around the issue that you cannto change the Pitch within the same script/frame.

Now it is working kindof but still has some issues. Sometimes the arp sends all notes of a sequence in one go as a chord and i dont know why. I suspect some sync issues because i can see the running light having problems in that moment. There also are some hung notes from time to time when usind the hold function.

You also need to set a scale at the start or the keyboard will send the wrong notes. I failed to get it initialized properly.

Anyways, the keybord and arp are distibuted over 2 containers so that they fit in my Reason template. The Keyboard can be made fullsize with the Big Button.
The layout can be changed with the Lay... button from a Livid Base like layout to a Push like layout. There are scales to chose from and some preset Chords.
By hitting the Switch Button you get 8 Pads that can store the currently held notes by pressing shift and the pad.

The Arp has 3 types (up, down, updown) and 4 modes. With the switches you can mute steps of the arpeggiator (the 16steps will get wrapped on the arp length).

It is still work in progress because of the above issues and there might still be some bugs. I have also left some Debug Monitor in the template.
Last edited by electrofux on 23 Apr 2014 09:47, edited 1 time in total.

analog604
Regular

Re: work in progress: Keyboard with Arpeggiator

Post by analog604 » 21 Apr 2014 12:50

That must have taken much time. Nice work in terms of layout and code! :)
I've been kicking around the Arp idea for awhile, and have recently integrated it into a template.

Mine isn't 'live' as yours is where you can touch keys to have it go like in a traditional keyboard arp.
Instead, I went for filling in the notes within a structure and which will play out until
a setting is altered.

To have it go, I set up a trigger pads (not note pads), or LFOs as options.

For me.. the big problem remains.. how to lay it out with so many controls without resorting to LemurMenus.

Anyhow, I ran your template with some synths in Live and heard an arpeggiator, I haven't seen the note on/off bunch problem yet.

cheers!
Jay
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

electrofux
Regular

Re: work in progress: Keyboard with Arpeggiator

Post by electrofux » 22 Apr 2014 13:39

I tested the template on my main computer with the iconnect midi and it works a better here.

I am thinking about building a Chord Sequencer on top of it that lets you sequence the chords that you saved in the ChordPads. But first i have to integrate the Arp into the Chord Pads too. Have to wrap my brain around the hold function again which was one of the biggest pains ;-)