work in progress: experimental onclock sequencer

Post your Lemur Projects.
electrofux
Regular
Re: work in progress: experimental onclock sequencer

Post by electrofux » 15 Apr 2014 12:27

nick_liine wrote:
electrofux wrote:Well, it is pretty fun to play around with but when it comes to syncing it to a PC it is not going so well. I seem to be not able to get the timing tight on this one.
Dunno probably there is too much in the on clock script that makes it shaky.
I have attached the latest version. But as i said the timing is not reall tight. Maybe on an Ipad5.

It would be interesting to know if it runs better on an newer Ipad. Let me know.

Are you connecting over Wi-Fi or with a hardware MIDI adapter?
I am not using WIFI. I have made test with Lemur slaved to the iconnect midi and one where Lemur runs with internal sync triggering either Thor or Funkbox on the ipad or Reason. The best reslut was when it was slaved to Reason. But you can hear a clear difference between a normal StepNote object triggering a 16th note sequence and my onclock sequencer doing the same.

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 18 Apr 2014 14:12

I've noticed a very good increase of Lemur template (scripting) performance in general between the iPad3 and the latest gen, iPad Air (A7 SoC ?).
On a multi-slider object converted to canvas code scripting, the 'sliders' were slow to recognize touch and change on the iPad3, but on the Air, they are instantaneous, and my step position pointer (on new LModIt lite) moves smoother across multiple matrix/tracks.

I'll load your template up and see how it runs on the Air.. I don't have Reason, but will point it at another softsynth. I've only had the thing for a few weeks now, and haven't run too many actual studio tests.

Jay
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

electrofux
Regular

Post by electrofux » 19 Apr 2014 10:58

analog604 wrote:
I'll load your template up and see how it runs on the Air.. I don't have Reason, but will point it at another softsynth. I've only had the thing for a few weeks now, and haven't run too many actual studio tests.

Jay
That would be nice to know. Doesnt matter if it is Reason or anything else.

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 19 Apr 2014 20:45

Still have to sort this out, I am unable to locate my iRig midi i/f. :oops:
Also had to order a 'Lightning' adapter for it.

I did run it over wifi to Live, template external sync to Live. It was fun to mess with, but when I brought in the drums sequenced by Live, things were too far off time. So I changed the offset and MIDI timing on Live, close, but could not get a solid beat sync, kind of expected with Wifi.

Still, having recorded the MIDI sequences that your template produced, I quantized the loop to 16ths and got it all usable in a nice little new track! :)
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

electrofux
Regular

Post by electrofux » 23 Apr 2014 18:06

Ah, wrong post.

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 25 Apr 2014 14:01

I'm still waiting for the parts to arrive to get the direct midi running again. Got the lightning 30pin connector, waiting on an iConnectMIDI2+ to arrive. The iRig with two (kind of short) wires coming out of my older iPad created a big mess anyways.

electrofux
Regular

Post by electrofux » 25 Apr 2014 14:20

I like the iconnect a lot more over the irig. But prepare for some set up action. Without setting up the iconnect software properly this doesnt work so good out of the box.

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 10 May 2014 13:24

Thanks for the heads up, I've just got around to plugging it in.
electrofux wrote:I like the iconnect a lot more over the irig. But prepare for some set up action. Without setting up the iconnect software properly this doesnt work so good out of the box.

Mia79

Post by Mia79 » 30 May 2014 01:35

Any tips on setting up the iconnectmidi from someone with a little experience would be greatly appreciated!

Do you mean to suggest that the default setup of the iconfig ports is best adjusted first to maximise performance?

Im hoping that is the case - it might help with the occasional "missed note/unintentional stutter effect" that im getting when syncing up to the PC.

The setup of the iconnectmidi4 is honestly quite bewildering, flexible no doubt - but not self explanaitory

Ok I have discovered one thing with the Iconfig app - make sure your not setting your ports to send midi back to themselves. This can lead to major issues and clocks running at 1/2 or 2x, and was happening with the default setup in Iconfig!

Im still experiencing some skips or stutters with the drum sequencer though...

f33tz

Post by f33tz » 13 Jun 2014 13:42

I'm wondering if this is much easier with the new Lemur version.
Sb. made some Sequencers yet?
Especially for eurorack...
a Lemur Version of Dark Time would be amazing :)