Live Knobs

Post your Lemur Projects.
Softcore
Regular
Live Knobs

Post by Softcore » 17 Mar 2014 21:47

Knobs with famous looks! ;)

3 knobs provided for usage with typical parameters, parameters like pan and parameters like High Pass filter frequency

expressions outx, outz (typical x,z)

support for bi-directional feedback

https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/466/

Softcore
Regular

Re: Live Knobs

Post by Softcore » 13 Apr 2014 11:01

1.1 update:
a function that would resize the knobs canvas to always be a square has been deprecated, its advised to manually set the dimensions of the canvas objects (where the knobs are drawn) to always be square (width=height)

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 13 Apr 2014 15:16

Softcore wrote:1.1 update:
a function that would resize the knobs canvas to always be a square has been deprecated, its advised to manually set the dimensions of the canvas objects (where the knobs are drawn) to always be square (width=height)
You can still use setattribute on the 'rect' attribute of a Canvas object, just not from its On Redraw scripts.

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 13 Apr 2014 19:35

Yes understood ! I figured its best to keep the scripting to minimal! ;)

zvukofor

Post by zvukofor » 11 May 2014 18:42

Thank you Softcore for this great knobs.
I have a couple of questions, being completely dumb in canvas programming )
1. Do they have MIDI feedback? At this time i cannot get it working, being thinking you've said about OSC-feedback only.
2. Does canvas-based knobs like these one eats more resources than lumur's own knobs? I'm in the process of making a lemur interface which will have about 2000 knobs (a full 32-ch mixing console with all EQs and stuff), is it better to use "native" lemur knobs?

Thank you again for the all lemur stuff you do. I learned a lot on them.

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 11 May 2014 20:10

Yes they do have midi feedback - just midi map the expressions outx, outz making sure to "tick" the scale 0 to 127 option

As for your second question, while I made sure to use canvas in its less resource hungry way (only update when needed) I still think it might be more resource-hungry than the regular knobs although I cannot really be sure

zvukofor

Post by zvukofor » 12 May 2014 10:30

Thank you very much for your answers.
I did a small "test", if i can call this so, just copy-pasting as lot Liveknobs as i can in a project. Yes, they are more hungry than native knobs, but this is really noticeable only in really big quantities, like 200 and more, which makes them work pretty OK in resources terms for thew most projects.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 12 May 2014 12:50

Hi
For lots of user interaction stuff It is probably better to go with native objects, you get a lot for free that way, in terms of functionality and backend . . .

With the Canvas I suspect that how the whole thing is structured will have quite a bearing on results too,
i.e. lots of canvass with single elements doing UI redrawing always vs fewer canvass with more object redrawing on demand

Been mucking around with Canvas a bit but not with huge amounts of things being generated . .
I do recall running into some sort of limit to the number of Leds at one time - I think it stopped at 1000, not sure with other objects

I've done a bit of of work on the Live Knobs as well and will post my offerings at some point soon when I tidy it up
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 22 Feb 2015 21:56

Updated version which resolved some display issues in latest Lemur version.

https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/466/