TX-802 editor (version 1.0 released)

Post your Lemur Projects.
oldgearguy
Regular
Re: TX-802 editor (version 1.0 released)

Post by oldgearguy » 13 Jul 2014 17:27

I have a stable version of the editor now in the Lemur library, available for download.
Even if you don't own a TX-802, I'd appreciate feedback on the UI, documentation, and general approach to using the Lemur objects in the way I did.

I had a vision for a particular way I wanted the UI to work and the Lemur environment allowed me to (eventually) sculpt things to do it the way I wanted instead of simply throwing up a screen or two full of sliders and buttons. I hope this makes editing Yamaha's FM synthesis more enjoyable and understandable for folks.

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 14 Jul 2014 00:31

D'you know what lad? I wish I had a Yamaha PD*-synth just to chikky-chikky czech that **** out! However . . . I don't. (FM 7 /8 luvva tho' so . . .)

[[ caveat:: used to have some sort of horrible, crappy pseudo / consumer shite yamaha 'fm' synth . . . yeah. could morph that fucker from raindrops to frying bacon. robots. nervous breakdowns. melted crayons loving friends,]]

* Wanna fight? :D

** no srsly.

edfone

Post by edfone » 01 Oct 2015 18:28

Thanks oldgearguy for this, so first and quick feedback, setup is easy, READme-first is quite understable, I guess the READme-later is planned for...later :D (or does it exist somewhere?), concerning the UI I found very nice the fact of having directly the algorythm vizualisation, that helps a lot the understanding, what I'd love to have is a visual of every adsr (or maybe including the card schem) cos i found parameters are a bit unusal on the tx, but it's probably also because i'm not used to it and starting to use it with your editor.
So very nice to have this, only main cons for now is that it can't control my korg WSAD :mrgreen:

oldgearguy
Regular

Post by oldgearguy » 02 Oct 2015 19:42

edfone wrote:Thanks oldgearguy for this, so first and quick feedback, setup is easy, READme-first is quite understable, I guess the READme-later is planned for...later :D (or does it exist somewhere?), concerning the UI I found very nice the fact of having directly the algorythm vizualisation, that helps a lot the understanding, what I'd love to have is a visual of every adsr (or maybe including the card schem) cos i found parameters are a bit unusal on the tx, but it's probably also because i'm not used to it and starting to use it with your editor.
So very nice to have this, only main cons for now is that it can't control my korg WSAD :mrgreen:
The Liine download site only allows 1 document to be attached. The Advanced document is on my web site: http://www.oldgearguy.com/TX802/default.html

I didn't want to create "fake" ADSR envelopes even though that's what most people know. If you're working with FM and the Yamaha DX gear, you really should learn how to control those envelopes. My display shows the level and rate for each stage and that's kind of how you should think of it.

ROM72

Post by ROM72 » 10 Aug 2016 14:34

Hi everybody, I'm new here !
I just got the TX-802 editor and I have a few midi routing questions.

My ipad goes through my macbookpro and so my keyboard. I virtually merge both midi signals with midi pipe and through out my midi out sound cart to my tx 802 so basically this is the midi routing from my keyboard and ipad :

keyboard and ipad -->computer--->soundcard-->tx802

I manage to get sound with both ipad and keyboard and change the tx802 settings from my ipad BUT when I change of performance on my tx802 I don't have the change of voices from my ipad. By the way when I tap on "Get current data" it says there's no midi connection to the midi tx-802 (even if I can modify the tx802 settings from my ipad)

So I tried to send the midiout signal from the tx802 to my ipad but I have no feedback at all from the tx802.
No settings are specified in the readme about the midisignal in this way, is the tx-802 editor can do this ?
How can the editor knows if there's no connection to the tx-802 if it's not supposed to have feedback ?

Thanks,