New emulation

Post your Lemur Projects.
wul
Regular
Re: New emulation

Post by wul » 09 Dec 2013 13:17

Looking good.
Do you know if it work ok in reason ? I can't test mine , it should really , same with flstudio , the latest version of that has
Scripts for livid stuff
Which one shall we do next? Maschine? ..... Tried it can't get close

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 09 Dec 2013 18:59

Maschine would be awsome i have and love it couldnt replace real thing. But would nice to at least control plugin. you would have to probably make a whole program in max msp to do conversions because maschine works with hid and not midi. THough i would say since you did base cntrlr would be cool. It's got some good max for live patches for step sequencing.

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 09 Dec 2013 22:51

Didn't know about the hid , that's the next few days spoken for , yep maschine is the dogs b.......x

electrofux
Regular

Post by electrofux » 11 Dec 2013 10:11

The template works pretty straight away with Reason and the Livid Codec. Especially the coloring of the pads works perfectly. The only thing i did notice during my short test, was that the mapping of the buttons for Kong are partly shifted eg the pad in the low left corner of the yellow 4x4 grid doesn't trigger the corresponding pad in Kong (it doesnt trigger anything) but the same pad in the blue 4x4 grid triggers pad 16 in Kong. Could be a problem with the codec though.
The other templates seem to work though.

I dont understand the velocity and aftertouch and wasnt able to make that work.

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 11 Dec 2013 19:26

Odd about the left bottom pad , actually thinking about it it could be the root note selector or scale , it's not abundantly clear where you are ,with just the 2 character display scale , as a double check the LCD message on the setup page will confirm both scale and root. I believe there is an auto scale that changes from drum map to major depending what device is in focus,
The velocity and aftertouch sliders are best set to the level stated I n the text .5 and .6
That bits still a work in progress

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 12 Dec 2013 14:29

So you've got something reasonable? Maybe we should do a little exchange? Would need to do a bit more work on mine though . . .
Hadn't really looked at Aftertouch, but I got a velocity system going that seems reasonable though no tone a lot of testing, few bugs to iron out etc
And a bit of the other behind the scenes stuff - still a few things I'm not sure of how they are supposed to be done to match the hardware
The dual light switches don't quite react the way I think they should but then they aren't being sent what should be sent . . .
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 12 Dec 2013 16:03

Yep it sounds as though it's fairly reasonable.
I didn't bother with the 2 LEDs on the switches . Just scripted pad colours instead , also I think the graduated LEDs on the sliders act slightly different from the hardware. In that the top 2 are visible , well that's what it looks like in all the videos anyway.
The velocity and aftertouch are really still work in progress
I'll send you the template,

Electrofux...... I checked the template regarding the pad ,all is ok, I had a look at the codec and that seems to be ok too,

electrofux
Regular

Post by electrofux » 16 Dec 2013 00:53

going to test it again and have a deeper look. Maybe one of my codecs was somehow interfering. Was just a short test.

electrofux
Regular

Post by electrofux » 23 Dec 2013 13:54

I made a longer test and the Kong template problem didnt come up again and this time velocity worked in a way. But honestly i would rather like to set it to a fixed value because it is hard to control when it is emulated.

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 23 Dec 2013 15:53

I tend to agree about the velocity , I'm not too keen on it in any app to be honest . It don't feel right.
I'm going to replace it with my velocity module which is fixed, random, ranged, what ever . And I might incorporate it into the module , best of both worlds.

You can make the velocity fixed by moving the sensitivity slider