iConnectMIDI2+ and Lemur

Post your Lemur Projects.
beatpete
Regular
iConnectMIDI2+ and Lemur

Post by beatpete » 13 Oct 2013 15:46

I just received my iConnectMIDI2+ and wanted to say that it works wonderfully with Lemur. Because of it's very thorough port and channel routing/filtering, I can get a lot out of a 2 input (10 port) device. Basically you get 4 ports to your PC and 4 to your Ipad so here's how I set up mine:
Port 1: Both din midi inputs and a midi keyboard in Lemur merged to this port for midi input to Cubase.
Port 2: Generic Remote for Lemur and Cubase
Port 3: Mackie Control Emulation for Lemur and Cubase (mostly for "scribble strips")
Port 4: Mackie Control Emulation for Lemur and RME Totalmix.

It works a treat and I have a second unit that I plan on using with my Iphone. One thing is, I got the specs for the power supply (you need it to charge the Ipad, a MUST) and purchased a generic one that didn't work. I ordered the Iconnectivity power supply and it worked perfectly.

Phil999
Regular

Re: iConnectMIDI2+ and Lemur

Post by Phil999 » 13 Oct 2013 18:05

wow, that's beautiful. A wired multi-port solution. Thanks for sharing this info.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

TffShtt

Post by TffShtt » 05 Nov 2013 08:38

@betepete
Sorry to pester you with questions but I found virtually no concrete information regarding the following:

1.Can you use the MIDI2+ without a computer (i.e. ipad>MIDI2+>synths)?

2.How easy is it to take snapshots?

2.5 Can you call snapshots up from the ipad interface (again w/o a computer)? This of course would be an awesome workaround for Lemur's glaring omission in this deparment...

I was considering one but couldn't tell much from the manual...just the charging and midi ports alone seem worth the price though...

much thanks
definitely didn't need an iPud until I found Lemur

beatpete
Regular

Post by beatpete » 05 Nov 2013 16:47

TffShtt wrote:@betepete
Sorry to pester you with questions but I found virtually no concrete information regarding the following:

1.Can you use the MIDI2+ without a computer (i.e. ipad>MIDI2+>synths)?
Yes, the Iconnect config app works on Ipad alone.

2.How easy is it to take snapshots?
I don't know about "snapshots" but you can save/load configurations.

2.5 Can you call snapshots up from the ipad interface (again w/o a computer)? This of course would be an awesome workaround for Lemur's glaring omission in this deparment...
You can save/load configurations, I'm not sure if that's what you mean.

I was considering one but couldn't tell much from the manual...just the charging and midi ports alone seem worth the price though...

much thanks