Live MXL 1.3 project - help getting started?

Post your Lemur Projects.
rextherunt
Live MXL 1.3 project - help getting started?

Post by rextherunt » 02 Oct 2013 14:22

Hi there

I've just started using Lemur, and I can connect to Live using the LiveControl 2.1 project perfectly. I can load any set in Live and the controls work. Exciting!

I then downloaded a project from the user library called Live MXL 1.3 (http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/193/), but I'm having trouble getting it to work.
I presumed that I could load any set in Live and I would be able to control it via Lemur using this project.

Can anyone help me to get started with it? The connection is active (red boxes around the clip controls). Do I need a particular DJ set loaded?

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks!

Softcore
Regular

Re: Live MXL 1.3 project - help getting started?

Post by Softcore » 03 Oct 2013 15:02

I dont see how it could work without any prior mapping or saved Live project coming together with the template or M4L or python scripts (what LiveControl2 uses).
Better contact the creator of the template for clarification.

rextherunt

Post by rextherunt » 03 Oct 2013 16:15

Softcore wrote:I dont see how it could work without any prior mapping or saved Live project coming together with the template or M4L or python scripts (what LiveControl2 uses).
Better contact the creator of the template for clarification.
Thanks for the reply. That was what I was thinking. But then I loaded the Livecontrol 2.1 project, and that seems to work on any Live set. Again, no mappings show up in Live, but everything works!
I'm obviously missing something vital.

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 03 Oct 2013 18:38

Livecontrol, as I already mentioned, works with python scripts which are installed in your system with the LiveControl installer. Furthermore, you do get to "set" Livecontrol as a control surface in Live's preferences. Doing a Google search for "Ableton Live remote control surface python scripts" will enlighten you more! ;)

rextherunt

Post by rextherunt » 04 Oct 2013 05:12

Thanks, now that makes more sense. So, if the project only came with the .jzml file, I guess I have to find out what control surface / script it uses.
Sadly, no documentation or contact info available for contributors to the user library.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 16 Oct 2013 13:13

Hi
It looks like a fairly straightforward two-channel DJ style mixer with a few static effects
I think you will find it is mainly using MIDI and so you should just be able to map it as needed in your Live set . .
If you have M4L you will be able to use OSC for the tempo leds and if you get the third party "Lemur Levels & Volume Faders.amxd" mentioned the volume meters
Also I don't think that Effectrix is a native live device but a VST or similar so you would want to have that already or else replace that section with something else.

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

rextherunt

Post by rextherunt » 16 Oct 2013 13:31

Thanks MM, much appreciated.

basska

Post by basska » 18 Oct 2013 16:34

Hi there,

I'm the creator of this template.
I made it for deejaying with Ableton Live and my setup which was, for each track :
- one EQ3 (native Live effect) ;
- one autofilter (native Live effect) ;
- one beat repeat (native Live effect) ;
- and one effectrix (VST plugin).
You can control many others Live functions too like Tempo, Transport Bar, Scene Finder, Pre-Cue, Cue Volume, Master Volume, X-Fader, Launch Quantize, Loop, etc... BUT YOU HAVE TO configure them with the MIDI "Learn" function of Ableton Live (only the first time because MIDI configuration is saved with each session ; there is NO remote script).
2 functions are added but more difficult to establish (you need Max for Live) : Tempo Leds (no MIDI but with OSC communication) and volume meters (work with the third party "Lemur Levels & Volume Faders.amxd" findable easily).
It is possible (if you don't own Effectrix for example...) to replace some lemur objects that I created in this template to control others effects of your choice...

Hope it helps you

rextherunt

Post by rextherunt » 21 Oct 2013 05:02

Thanks so much for taking the time to give me these details.
I really appreciate it.
And thanks for the cool template!