Step Modulation/P.Locks

Post your Lemur Projects.
Clementshawes
Step Modulation/P.Locks

Post by Clementshawes » 26 Jul 2013 01:15

I'm rather new to Lemur and am pretty new with MaxForLive too but that I won't let that stop me trying something out...
In the most basic sense, I'm asking, would this sort of thing work in theory to create an Elektron or Maschine-like step/parameter sequencer:
- Using M4L, get the note(s) in the selected clip and over to Lemur.
- selecting the 'event' in a Lemur template and adjusting track vol (for example)
- applies that value to the clip envelope at the time associated with that note

As I was introduced to this style of editing back in '99 on my Yamaha RM1x as grid or list edit; I'd also consider a more retro-style text-LCD if the idea of lifting Elektron's style doesn't sit well with folk.

I'm not looking for anyone to do this for me - at this stage, unless anyone has already done this and cares to share of course.
In which case, I'd bite your arm off...

But yeah, is that loose-logic valid/possible (with knowledge)?

Softcore
Regular

Re: Step Modulation/P.Locks

Post by Softcore » 26 Jul 2013 07:51

Taking a look into LiveControl2 verifies that it is indeed possible, even without the need of MaxForLive but knowledge of the Python scripts Ableton Live features for control surfaces. Since, the API is pretty much the same (if its not 100% the same, which Im not sure), its safe to assume that whatever is possible with Lemur and Python scripts (LC2) is also possible with Lemur and MaxForLive.

Clementshawes

Re: Step Modulation/P.Locks

Post by Clementshawes » 26 Jul 2013 20:01

Thanks for reply, and patience