Diva by PS (unfinished)

Post your Lemur Projects.
Phil999
Regular
Diva by PS (unfinished)

Post by Phil999 » 16 May 2013 17:49

I've been asked a couple of times for the template, and sent it via PM's. I've now decided to release the unfinished template so that more people who are interested can use it now, instead of waiting until it's finished. It is fully functional and is regularly used by myself.

Things to be done:
- change the different non-tabbed module containers to fewer tabbed containers (with invisible tabs), maybe 3, to improve performance (frame rate)
- effect section
- trimmer section
- interface finishing/improvement, and make the red colour darker

If someone wants to do this, or has ideas for other improvements, please do, and post it here in this thread. You'll be mentioned in the credits section of the final template, and may even get some money because I want to release the template as donationware. It is and will be free for download, I'm just asking for a donation if people use it regularly. Rather symbolic, because I cannot tell you how many work hours went into this template. :D

Parameter feedback:
you need to use your host's mapping system to get feedback to Lemur. I recommend to read the manual of your host, and if you find a solution, it would be nice to post that in this thread.

Setup for Cubase (in the final release there will be a nice pdf):
- create a Generic Remote Device
- load the included xml
- set in- and output to the virtual ports that correspond to MIDI2 in Lemur

Setup for other hosts:
well, this is your turn. The template uses MIDI2 in Lemur. I've heard that it works bi-directionally in Ableton Live. I've asked this gentleman for a Live project where Diva is already mapped to the template, but unfortunately he didn't send it to me; therefore I cannot include it here. I'm making one myself when I have time.

Finally, a restriction:
you are allowed to use this template with a genuine license for Diva, or with the demo version of Diva. You are not allowed to download, use, or distribute this template if you don't own a license/demo for Diva. ;)

Archive contents:
- Diva template (unfinished)
- Cubase GRD xml
- this text
Attachments
Diva88unfinished.zip
(42.28KiB)Downloaded 313 times
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Phil999
Regular

Re: Diva by PS (unfinished)

Post by Phil999 » 16 May 2013 18:04

another thing: you can open the jzml in a text editor and replace MIDI2 with MIDI0 or whatever you prefer. However, the 14-bit parts (VCO tuning, filters) have to be changed manually in the editor.

I also forgot to include the parameter list. Might be useful for editing the template, or as a guide to create your own template.
Attachments
Diva parameter list.zip
(2.55KiB)Downloaded 283 times
Last edited by Phil999 on 16 May 2013 18:10, edited 3 times in total.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 16 May 2013 18:07

Wow this is beautiful!

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 21 Oct 2013 01:53

important news: there is a difference between vst2 and vst3. MIDI response is not the same. Maybe you already have observed that the vst3 version of Diva doesn't respond to Program Change. And it's the same with this Lemur template. It will not work as desired. Upon a preset change, Lemur won't update. Which is very odd. Unusable.

Now there is only one solution for now: use the vst2 version of Diva, and this template will work. Modules will change according to Diva's modules, parameters will always update to any setting you make on the plugin GUI, etc.

Took me quite some time to find this out. It drove me nuts. I searched and searched for errors in the wifi setup, in the template itself, in the weather conditions ... :)

Edit: also, the 64-bit version does not respond as desired.

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 21 Oct 2013 20:22

sorry to add another post, but I made a detailed check today how Diva behaves. I think it's important to know.

plugin type___MIDI CC in___MIDI CC out___Program Change

x64 VST2______no___________no____________yes___________

x64 VST3______yes__________with errors_____no____________

x86 VST2______yes__________yes___________yes___________

x86 VST3______yes__________with errors_____no____________

'With errors' means VST3 plugins do not send their parameters after a preset change. Also after an initialise process in Cubase (select an entry in the lower half of the Generic Remote, and hit apply), some modules are not correctly loaded in Lemur, which means the CC number is correct, but not the CC value. Apart from that they are sending MIDI CC values as expected.

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 31 Oct 2013 13:36

update to beta version 1973, with new modules (a digital oscillator and filter).

Changes:

- new modules (preliminary design, as in Diva)
- slightly improved performance (more fps) despite many more controls
- new design
- working preset changer (MIDI target 1), taken from Wul's Scalomat 2013
- effect section finished
- bugfixes (and new bugs, for example I lost a background object and didn't find it anymore)
Attachments
DivaBeta1973.zip
(61.78KiB)Downloaded 204 times

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 05 Dec 2013 17:36

- some fixes
- darker background colour
- modulation sources better recognizable with yellow colour

Attachments
Diva119sc.zip
(54.52KiB)Downloaded 380 times

Good_Loops

Post by Good_Loops » 18 Mar 2014 13:00

Wow! Very cool!

Do you have the MIDI assign file that goes with it, or would I have to MIDI learn every knob?

Best,
Hans
Good Loops - Guitar Kitchen Vol. 1 - indie singer-songwriter acoustic guitar loop sample library for Kontakt, AppleLoops, ACIDized wavs and rex2

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 18 Mar 2014 18:39

I leave the Diva MIDI assignment blank, instead I'm using the MIDI mapping system in Cubase. This has the advantage of sending parameter values back to Lemur. But I'm interested in other methods. What DAW do you use?

In the attachment is my current Generic Remote Device xml for Cubase, included in the above DivaBeta1973.zip. And yes, if you use a different host, you'd need to assign every single parameter by hand. Sorry about that. Maybe better use your own template.
Attachments
Diva_beta09.zip
(4.43KiB)Downloaded 232 times