Orbit style LFO/Multiball

Post your Lemur Projects.
rain
Orbit style LFO/Multiball

Post by rain » 13 May 2013 07:57

Hi everyone!
I'm a newcomer to lemur and these are my first templates - cobbled together from bits and pieces from other templates (the only one I can remember is Antonio Blanca's 'ABDisplay' though they also rely on someone's code for creating the orbits which was super helpful, apologies for not being able to give credit directly). I'm not sure they'll be useful to anyone else, but just in case here they are;

Planetary Orbits -
This one uses two orbiters (each with X and Y radius and speed controls) where the first (Planet) orbits the sun (which can be moved), and the second (Moon) orbits the planet - making a simple sine wave kind of LFO (Planet) and a more detailed/wavy shape based on it (Moon) - both of which can be used as X+Y MIDI outs. It also has an info display, output mutes and orbit 'freezes', colour controls and twinkling stars!
PlanetaryOrbits.jpg
PlanetaryOrbits.jpg (62.32KiB)Viewed 3711 times

Multiball Orbits -
This one is probably more useful - it uses a multiball as the center for the orbit (again with X+Y radius and time control) so you can move the whole orbit around as well as have physics controls etc. It also has output mutes, XY locks and colour controls. To set the colour of the multiballs I've used a master expression so this one's uploaded as a .jzml but you could just add the expression "multiball_colors" to any project, copy in the container and it should work.
MultiBall-Orbits.jpg
MultiBall-Orbits.jpg (61KiB)Viewed 3711 times
Again this probably isn't useful to anyone but I noticed when the grid is turned on, moving the balls sends out 'glitched' or jumping values.
MultiBall-Orbit-Jumps.jpg
MultiBall-Orbit-Jumps.jpg (88.13KiB)Viewed 3711 times
*Note: both of may have errors etc i've overlooked - one I've noticed but been unable to fix is on the planetary one the orbits lock up if both plant/moon balls go into one of the corners - this can be reset by moving the sun.

rain

Re: Orbit style LFO/Multiball

Post by rain » 13 May 2013 07:58

and ze files :)
Planetary-Orbits.jzlib
Planetary-Orbits
(86.31KiB)Downloaded 168 times
Multiball-Orbits.jzml
Multiball-Orbits
(97.39KiB)Downloaded 171 times

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 13 May 2013 12:27

Niiiiiiceeeee!!!!

Thanks!

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 13 May 2013 17:02

from a first view just looking at the screen grabs, very impressive. Two Scope objects on top of each other, with different colours, nice idea.

Looks like we've got another member here with own good ideas. Well done, and welcome. :)
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 14 May 2013 17:13

Very cool! Looking forward to see where you take this idea from here. :)

I had made a simple interface that had 'orbits' using knobs alone, but there were not elliptical orbits or any 3D sense about it.

[edit]: added to library for your amusement ! http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/390/
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 14 May 2013 18:21

Rain, why not add your template to the library? :D At the minimum it is a cool demo and example to build upon.
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

rain

Post by rain » 15 May 2013 05:27

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Much appreciated and very glad you found them interesting. :D
I've uploaded them to the user library - it's nice after having downloaded so many of the templates on the library to have some stuff of my own on there :)

anolog604 - your simple orbits template is very cool - though i don't know at all what it's doing or how it's doing it! probably because im' a graphic designer but i really like the fireflies and the patterns made by the scopes in the corner (with the offset and colour difference they can look quite 3d). ps. also really like your minikeys+notegen template!
not sure what else i could do to extend the orbiters idea - though i was hoping to upgrade the multiball one to 4 balls/orbits (if i can find a way without making the interface messy), and maybe having the option to 'link' the orbits like in the planetary one. i really wanted to add a 'time scrubbing' type feature so you could hold onto moments if they sound good, but i haven't been able to figure that one out yet.

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 15 May 2013 22:18

Rain- thanks for the kind words about the miniKeys!! As far as where to go with your ideas.. who knows, it's out there for all to experiment with now.

I had the 'Simple Orbits' interface as one of 3 controller options within a much larger template. Without fireflies!! :P
Extracted it a few days ago as a standalone template, and in attempting to get interesting star orbits, made errors that turned stars into bugs!
So the error was interesting! I included it and dropped the other orbits. :o
cheers~
J

rain

Post by rain » 17 May 2013 07:40

haha well there you go! a happy accident. maybe you could run with it and get the fireflies movement to visually represent some setting on the interface (if it's to control something like a synth) - the number of voices, oscillator speeds etc - maybe add a breakpoint ant or stick insect and you could make an insect synth! :D

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 17 May 2013 13:05

haha a breakpoint ant! :) All cool design ideas! Maybe a Breakpoint jungle for the MIDI and OSC creatures of the Lemur kingdom.
rain wrote:haha well there you go! a happy accident. maybe you could run with it and get the fireflies movement to visually represent some setting on the interface (if it's to control something like a synth) - the number of voices, oscillator speeds etc - maybe add a breakpoint ant or stick insect and you could make an insect synth! :D