Faders&XYs template

Post your Lemur Projects.
Softcore
Regular
Faders&XYs template

Post by Softcore » 12 May 2013 18:21

After a discussion I had via PMs with a forum member about something he wanted - asked, here is a simple template of 8 midi mappable faders and a set of 4 XY pads which can then be "linked" to any of the faders.

Besides the usual physics mode I have also incorporated the "Gravity" mode - when enabled, the "ball" of the multiball object moves in relation to the orientation of the iPad - further more "reset 0 gravity point" pads can help you if you are placing your iPad in a tilted orientation and you still want to use gravity mode.

features:
- XY pad ranged output via independent X/Y sliders
- XY pad physics mode with speed and inertia settings
- XY pad Gravity Mode with amount setting (weight)
- XY pads Lock axis feature
- color coded mini display in "faders" page displays the current position of the XY pads and their movement (if any)
- a duplicate-assignment prevention system for the XY pads - if the user tries to map an XY pad's axis to a fader which is already mapped to a different pad, the operation is not allowed.
- Physics,Gravity Mode or Lock status is immediately visible with a small "active" led when they are active

Its a pretty basic template which can also be used to get ideas fro your own scripts or study some scripting aspects.

some pics:

MAIN GUI

MAIN GUI - mappings

XY pads - mapping and physics options shown

XY pads - lock and gravity options shown

Available in the user library

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/389/

auralsculpture

Re: Faders&XYs template

Post by auralsculpture » 14 May 2013 02:50

This is very nice and I've managed to modify it without completely screwing it up, to have 16 faders and a small keyboard (i'll post it here shortly). What I havent figured out is the gravity mode. currently the ball moves "up" - a la reverse gravity, and I cant figure out why this is so. Im guessing it has something to do with this

if (!Settings.GravEnable.x) return;
x += tan(acc_y-init_y)*0.02*Settings.Grav.g;
y -= tan(acc_x-init_x)*0.02*Settings.Grav.g;

in the action of the multi ball ...

Softcore
Regular

Re: Faders&XYs template

Post by Softcore » 14 May 2013 06:14

Hmmmm, I dont get that here......Try hitting the "gravity 0 point". This sets the 0 gravity orientation of the iPad....