Push for lemur

Post your Lemur Projects.
wul
Regular
Re: Push for lemur

Post by wul » 17 Apr 2014 19:50

It's the same problem as reported in the above posts , here is what's happening....
There is a midi feedback loop from the top scene button and the label instruction which for some reason in version 5 is sending the cc 43 value out and live feeds it back only for the label instruction to send it back out again, it certainly didn't do it on version 4 so due to the oversight on my part in leaving midi0 selected in the label mapping pane . It does not sound as though everybody is encountering the problem. I wondered if the issue would go away in the latest lemur update.
Clearly it ain't.
Here's what to do.. expand each scene button highlight the label instruction , then deselect midi0 in the target field for each of the scene buttons . That will do it.

I have tried to simulate the issue in a basic template but I am unable to, so I've no idea as to why it's started doing it all of a sudden.

kpmc
Regular

Post by kpmc » 17 Apr 2014 20:08

That worked very well, thanks Wul.
| Water cooled, overclocked Hackintosh | M-Audio Ozonic, Scarlett 2i2, Ableton Push, Novation Launchpad, Lemur (of course!) | Ableton Live, StylusRMX |

Simteks

Post by Simteks » 17 Apr 2014 20:19

Well, that definitely solved the issue. You sir, are the man. Hopefully I can learn a lot more about Lemur, this is a really cool concept to build things with.

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 17 Apr 2014 21:09

Glad it worked , another useful mod is to change the encoders behaviour to linear, then create a sensitivity control

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 18 Apr 2014 04:29

hey tested out after doing mod works great on windows 7 64 bit with 9.1.2 and clyphx. thanks can you explain more how to get knobs to work better. thanks.

anthony

kpmc
Regular

Post by kpmc » 18 Apr 2014 15:32

I was very happy with Shove, it did everything a Push would do including work well with many M4L plugins (Dope Matrix for example). Okay, there are obvious limitations because it's an iPad. But this simple mod has made it so much better - quicker, more reliable, the encoders are much more responsive. Talk about gilding the lily! I'm using Shove more than Push over the past few days.

What's going on? I'm guessing from Wul's brief explanation there's far less midi traffic over the network?

Now to change the encoders behaviour to linear...

Wul - you da man!
| Water cooled, overclocked Hackintosh | M-Audio Ozonic, Scarlett 2i2, Ableton Push, Novation Launchpad, Lemur (of course!) | Ableton Live, StylusRMX |

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 18 Apr 2014 16:12

change the control field in the behavour tab to linear that alone is ok but not responsive enough, so create an expression called response with the following expression

tres.x>0?abs(tres.x*16):1

now create a fader called tres thats identical in size etc. to the velocity and aftertouch sliders, and make it so it views in rotation with the other faders , by adding this to the action script for the cpb button

if(i==4) {show(tres,1);setattribute(getobject(),'color',{8421376,8421376});
setattribute(getobject(), 'labels', 'Res');
show(tpb,0);show(tv,0);show(tat,0);}

and then increasing the greater than to 3.

now in each encoder add this

decl i;
for(i=0;i<response;i++)
before the ctrlout instruction.

thats it , the only other mod i did was to stop the pan progress bar changing colour , but i cant remember how i did that at the moment

kpmc
Regular

Post by kpmc » 18 Apr 2014 21:43

Nice, didn't take very long and I think it's working properly.
wul wrote: now in each encoder add this

decl i;
for(i=0;i<response;i++)
before the ctrlout instruction.
Is that for both enccw() and enccw2() in each encoder? I've done both and it appears to work okay in the very limited time I've had to play with it.

I copied the tv fader to use as tres, it wouldn't display properly until I did a Send to Back action on it.

Thanks yet again Wul - for me, doing modification stuff this way is a great way to learn more about how Lemur works!

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 18 Apr 2014 22:38

Yep in both enccw(). And encccw()

I thought that too about doing mods in this way,

Also some users will have changed the layout , so uploading an already modified template would be going back to square one

I'll try and work out what was needed to cure the multi coloured pan bug

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 18 Apr 2014 23:30

wurlt yeah works great thanks.

here's what i did to get button to work.

if(i>3)i=0;
i=i+1;
if(i==1) {show(tpb,1);setattribute(getobject(),'color',{127,127});
setattribute(getobject(), 'labels', 'PB');
show(tv,0);show(tat,0);show(tres,0);}
if(i==2) {show(tv,1);setattribute(getobject(),'color',{32768,32768});
setattribute(getobject(), 'labels', 'Vel');
show(tat,0);show(tres,0);show(tpb,0);}
if(i==3) {show(tat,1);setattribute(getobject(),'color',{8343069,8343069});
setattribute(getobject(), 'labels', 'AT');
show(tres,0);show(tpb,0);show(tv,0);}
if(i==4) {show(tres,1);setattribute(getobject(),'color',{8421376,8421376});