Push for lemur

Post your Lemur Projects.
kpmc
Regular
Re: Push for lemur

Post by kpmc » 10 Oct 2013 12:20

@willsanquil

I think PUSH IN and PUSH OUT on your control surfaces config are the problem. They should be set to whatever your Lemur in and out is (I use OS X which is Daemon Input 0 and Daemon Output 0).

Hope this helps...
| Water cooled, overclocked Hackintosh | M-Audio Ozonic, Scarlett 2i2, Ableton Push, Novation Launchpad, Lemur (of course!) | Ableton Live, StylusRMX |

willsanquil

Post by willsanquil » 10 Oct 2013 12:21

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY! it is working :) thanks so much folks, wow what a mission

kpmc
Regular

Post by kpmc » 10 Oct 2013 12:31

@wul

Did you have a real Push when developing this template? I recall you saying you were working on an evaluation version of Live so I'm guessing you didn't have one. How the hell... that is total bloody genius mate! I have yet to find anything (apart from the display limitations) that doesn't work exactly as it should. It's so usable I may even save myself 400 odd quid buying a real one!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - thank you so much for this, how can I go about buying you a pint?
| Water cooled, overclocked Hackintosh | M-Audio Ozonic, Scarlett 2i2, Ableton Push, Novation Launchpad, Lemur (of course!) | Ableton Live, StylusRMX |

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 10 Oct 2013 13:20

Thanks for all the comments, no I didn't. Have push and yes I just used the 30 day trial. Long since expired, I have just this morning seen the hardware in the flesh as it were , a very good demo actually, noticed even the pad colour update problem on the hardware is faithfully reproduced, thought it was a network problem .
It didn't take long to develop 2 or 3 days, it just shows what you can do with lemur, if think of something you can almost certainly create it.
Actually , the display was the most problematic , size being the main problem, as I've said before it is a compromise, you will get some erroneous characters here and there.
"A pint". No there's a good idea.

tsaspets

Post by tsaspets » 10 Oct 2013 13:33

First of all kudos for your Lemur patch, showing the real power of lemur programming and of course a big thanks for your effort and helping the lemur community. One little bug i noticed is this: You cannot hot swap a drum pad within a drum rack. The usual procedure is push the Browse button, then push Select and a drum pad of your choice and then you can hot swap a drum sound from the drum hit directory. As long as i tried i couldn't managed to get this working properly. Thanks again for your help wul

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 10 Oct 2013 13:45

Unfortunately I can't look into the bug , all I can say is that , it should work , however I have found a more comprehensive PDF file with a lot more of the i/o details , think it was on the site where clyphx is.
I'll have a look at that and see if I've missed any thing.

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 12 Oct 2013 15:01

I have updated the template in particular the display , the flats in the scale are now visible , better alignment , and most importantly uttilizing the clear line message .
there will still be the odd issue with the display , but it should better than what it was.
i have no idea why the bipolar gauge can't make its mind up what colour it wants to be .
should have mentioned it earlier :- the button bellow the "touch strip" toggles through pitch bend(normal), pad velocity, and aftertouch. works whilst holding the note repeat too.
its probably obvious but the pc+ and pc- are prog change for vst's.
the hot swap drum sound should work, cant see any reason why it shouldn't

nitefish
Regular

Post by nitefish » 12 Oct 2013 19:56

hey Wul!
Great thanks for sharing your work and for all the infos coming with it!

kpmc
Regular

Post by kpmc » 13 Oct 2013 13:33

Hot drum swap works okay for me once I worked out the button sequence:

- be in drum sequencer mode
- click on the device button
- press a pad
- select it using the selection controls
- hit the Browse button
- select the new sample

While in this mode you can simply touch another pad and load a new sound into it. Very nice!

The changes to the display make it very much better, thanks for adding the flats wul!

sb1

Post by sb1 » 13 Oct 2013 15:04

wul wrote:I have updated the template in particular the display , the flats in the scale are now visible , better alignment , and most importantly uttilizing the clear line message .
there will still be the odd issue with the display , but it should better than what it was.
i have no idea why the bipolar gauge can't make its mind up what colour it wants to be .
should have mentioned it earlier :- the button bellow the "touch strip" toggles through pitch bend(normal), pad velocity, and aftertouch. works whilst holding the note repeat too.
its probably obvious but the pc+ and pc- are prog change for vst's.
the hot swap drum sound should work, cant see any reason why it shouldn't
Thanks for all the work on this. I am curious about one thing, When in step sequencer mode for drums the 'cursor' doesn't highlight as it goes over the beat it is on. I'm not sure if this is due to the template or just something weird with my scripts. Anyone else know if it works for them? Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xxWdvotAlo&t=7s - the green pad running horizontally.