Push for lemur

Post your Lemur Projects.
Gereon
Re: Push for lemur

Post by Gereon » 14 Jul 2014 15:54

Is it possible that someone uploades the fixed Template.

Thx

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 15 Jul 2014 15:29

The instruction for the fix are explained on the previous page it's best that users mod it themselves for the reasons described, it's easy

Planr

Post by Planr » 19 Jul 2014 10:30

wul wrote:It's the same problem as reported in the above posts , here is what's happening....
There is a midi feedback loop from the top scene button and the label instruction which for some reason in version 5 is sending the cc 43 value out and live feeds it back only for the label instruction to send it back out again, it certainly didn't do it on version 4 so due to the oversight on my part in leaving midi0 selected in the label mapping pane . It does not sound as though everybody is encountering the problem. I wondered if the issue would go away in the latest lemur update.
Clearly it ain't.
Here's what to do.. expand each scene button highlight the label instruction , then deselect midi0 in the target field for each of the scene buttons . That will do it.

I have tried to simulate the issue in a basic template but I am unable to, so I've no idea as to why it's started doing it all of a sudden.
Hi.

I've picked up lemur pretty much so I can use shove and unfortunately I have this problem as we'll. trying to use a drum rack and sequence a pattern results in ableton locking up. I've tried to edit the template according to the post above, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. I've tried deselecting midi0 on the top row of buttons and also the column to the right (which the push manual describes as the scene launch), when you say scene button do you mean the main grid?

Can anyone describe this in a way a lemur noob would understand it, or maybe a small child :D thanks in advance

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 19 Jul 2014 15:39

The scene buttons are the 8 buttons down the right hand side that double up as the note repeat quantize buttons 4,8,16 etc.

Planr

Post by Planr » 19 Jul 2014 19:35

Thanks Wul, I've got it working. Amazing work you've done here!

For anyone else struggling with this, press each button and in the midi mapping section there is a pulldown menu (it has 'x' next to a red dot by default), select 'label' from the pulldown and change target to none instead of midi0.

sammy66

Post by sammy66 » 30 Jul 2014 10:37

Hello Liine community!

I have the strange problem that Shove suddenly stops working after about 10 seconds.
Only midi notes are still sent out.
When i temporary select "none" control surface and then reselect push, it starts working again for just 10 seconds!?
Did anybody experienced the same or knows what the could be the reason?
I am using Live 9.0.2, ClyphX 2.3.6, Shove 1.1 and the orginal Live Push folder.
Thank you very much for your help!

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 30 Jul 2014 15:35

I'm guessing you have not got the clyphx working right because that's what happens when clyphx isn't used , there is a 10 sec timer in the push handshake script for the handshake to take place with the hardware so for 10 secs shove works .
Clyphx bypasses this somehow by adding a line in its script , see earlier posts for details , there is of course the other method. Again see earlier posts for details

wren

Post by wren » 06 Sep 2014 01:37

Ya...I don't think this works anymore with the latest version of Ableton 9.1.4 and Lemur, even after editing each scene to midi zero. Still get crazy midi feedback, and sequencer never works properly, anymore.. This worked fine about 6 months ago. Now Lemur is a junk app on this ipad that I was excited about briefly. It was cool when it worked. *Side note, nothing to do with Shove, but the midi connect is tedious compared to other Ipad Midi music apps like Tb Midi Stuff.

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 07 Sep 2014 16:25

Read the posts on page 18 of this thread , it will instruct you on how to modify shove to cure the midi feedback issues

circuitslave

Post by circuitslave » 08 Sep 2014 17:11

I've been spending hours on this. I purchased the Lemur app especially because of Shove and the L'Pad app but both don't seem to work. Can someone confirm these projects both work with the latest version of Live 9? The Push app doesn't even load correctly. Some buttons don't work or even switch. Like the L'Pad app, the session button doesn't do anything. It's like its frozen. In midi preferences in live, I had to go in out and just try and turn things on and off just to get the Push showing lights. Anybody please help? If both of these templates need to be updated, can someone, anyone please upload? :(