Push for lemur

Post your Lemur Projects.
willsanquil
Re: Push for lemur

Post by willsanquil » 09 Oct 2013 20:29

just tried using MIDIYOKE instead of LoopMIDI - same problem. Tried reversing my From/To on the lemur app (which broke everything)

just not sure what piece of the puzzle I'm missing :)

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 09 Oct 2013 21:07

all credit goes to wul for making template. i just have similar user name. loop midi willwork just fine. under clyphx control surface you dont have to select anything. My screenshoots show and in but there's a reason for that but it is not need to you shove it template. that for my setup. The input from lemur needs to have track and remote on. and out just need track on. i will upload user file again later when at home.But you could close ableton. Go to where your remote scripts are and go to cyphx folder and open user settings in a text editor and you have to add one line under user controls

PUSH_EMULATION = ON

willsanquil

Post by willsanquil » 09 Oct 2013 21:47

Like that, right?

Updated to 9.0.6 to make sure that wasn't causing the issue (was using 9.0.2) - still the same problem.

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 09 Oct 2013 23:52

******************************* [USER CONTROLS] *******************************

# Below, you can specify a list of MIDI Controls to use as X-Controls.

# The entry format is: CONTROL_NAME = MSG_TYPE, MIDI_CHANNEL, NOTE_OR_CC_NUM, ON_ACTION_LIST

# CONTROL_NAME = A unique one-word name (Identifier) for the control. See [IDENTIFIER NOTE] below.
# MSG_TYPE = The word Note or CC.
# MIDI_CHANNEL = The MIDI Channel number in the range of 1 - 16
# NOTE_OR_CC = The Note or CC number in the range of 0 - 127.
# ON_ACTION_LIST = The Action List to perform when the control sends an on message.

# Example: MY_BTN1 = NOTE, 1, 10, 1/MUTE ; 2/MUTE

# You can optionally specify an Action List to perform when the control sends an off message.
# To do this, place a comma after the On Action List and then specify the Off Action List.

# Example: MY_BTN2 = CC, 16, 117, 1/MUTE ; 2/MUTE, 3/PLAY >

# To perform the same Action List for the On Action List and Off Action List, just specify an asterick
# for the Off Action List.

# Example: MY_BTN3 = NOTE, 5, 0, 1/MUTE, *

# Below is an example list that has been commented out (the # at the beginning of
# a line makes the line a comment). Your list should be formatted in the same way
# except without the # at the beginning of each line.

# btn_1 = note, 1, 0, mute , *

# btn_2 = note, 1, 1, solo

# btn_3 = cc, 9, 2, arm

# btn_4 = cc, 9, 3, mon

PUSH_EMULATION = ON

******************************* [USER VARIABLES] *******************************

Iv'e attached file if your still having problems its gotta be the in and out port from lemur and ableton.

Foe example on lemur (ipad in) im getting midi from design pad in 0 and sending (out of lemur ) to designpad out 0

in ableton my input is from design pad out 0 and output is on design pad in

So looking at your screenshoot your lemur ap should recieve from loopmidi port 2 and send output to loop midi port 1. Also you dont need to select anythong with clyphx i see you had remote selected.

p.s.
Attachments
UserSettings.zip
(2.79KiB)Downloaded 278 times

Gab23

Post by Gab23 » 10 Oct 2013 01:08

Hello, i really don't understand how to download the HandshakeComponent.py.
i downloaded github and registred but how to download it please?
thank you

willsanquil

Post by willsanquil » 10 Oct 2013 01:48

right click and Save Target as or do whatever the mac equivalent of that is

willsanquil

Post by willsanquil » 10 Oct 2013 02:41

god damnit...I've been trying this for h ours now and still am at the exact same place. Lemur will send midi messages when I press the pads and that's it.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 9.0.6, tried MIDIYOKE and Loopmidi, tried it on my laptop and on my desktop as I figured maybe it wasn't liking that I was connecting through my router and would prefer an ad-hoc network connection....

At my wits end here trying to figure out why other people have it working (and apparently easily) and why I'm stuck...

and just for sanity..you do have to select Clyphx as a control surface, right? and when you do so, a single yellow/orange box pops up in ableton (similar to the APC40 red box, only its only one clip size large)

and you do load up the lemur editor, open the shove jzml and then Sync to the ipad and it should just work right?

I have tried to be as careful and precise as possible when following the directions but I feel like I'm just missing some tiny thing.

What is this design pad **** you're using? couldn't find it on google...maybe I need to use that?

****. So frustrated and want this so badly.

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 10 Oct 2013 04:10

Send me a screen shoot of your lemur settings and of ableton control suface settings i can tell you what your doing wrong.
One i would say forget midi yoke you dont need.
Two Design pad is my custom name for loopmidi ports. Im running to ipads with lemur and have seprate ports for both makes complex setup easier.
the most import thing as i see your on pc is seprate loop midi port for in and out. which you had loop midi 1 and 2.
loop midi1 as your input for push script. inside ableton and loop midi 2 as your output in ableton push script. know on ipad loop midi 2 should be selected as input(from) and loop midi 1 as output (to).
Again cylphx has to be installed but nothing selected. it just works. as long as you add that line of code to user settings or just copy the file i uploaded to cylphx folder. and restart live.you should be good. You also dont need to reinstall live.

willsanquil

Post by willsanquil » 10 Oct 2013 07:04

Thank you for taking the time to try to help me in my noobishness :)

I made a youtube video documenting that I have (hopefully) done the first couple steps properly and it shows my ableton configuration and stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guBAW6xY ... e=youtu.be

if you can't stand my mumbling and only want to see the ipad screen/ableton screen here is a screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/ik7Wbzo.png

also using 2.3.3 of clyphx from here:

http://beatwise.proboards.com/thread/99 ... phx-live-8

thanks!!!

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 10 Oct 2013 07:51

One thing to remember is you do not need the modified .py script if you are using clyphx just use the normal push scripts.
Also uncheck the remote button in live (I think , can't remember)

With regard to the .py script it doesn't look right in the video, right clicking and save as is the problem there.
Download every remote script as a zip file or copy and paste the text