Push for lemur

Post your Lemur Projects.
Empty Planet
Re: Push for lemur

Post by Empty Planet » 31 Mar 2014 14:32

Tremendous kudos for developing this, wul. Awesome work.

Unfortunately, it seems I'm having Newtfish's problems with Shove too. Same symptoms.

But man, love what I CAN use. :D Hope the fix is indeed easily sorted.

L'Pad seems to be working for me over here on Win7 x64.

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 31 Mar 2014 19:58

the next lemur update may fix it, if not the template will need fixing

Empty Planet

Post by Empty Planet » 01 Apr 2014 14:48

Ah, thanks for that.

Still way grateful for the effort you put into this; the time you must have spent is impossible to calculate but looks monstrous. :shock:

...though I must say, just the inspiration of the thing makes me toy with the idea of doing something more stripped-down and specific to my particular workflow...as foolhardy as that would be for one who hasn't coded since his Atari 400 days, lol... :mrgreen:

Cheers to all.

Simteks

Post by Simteks » 17 Apr 2014 13:41

Hello,
I am trying to use this awesome template since I found out about it (late, ha). I've been fiddling with things for a couple days now and have gotten everything working except the Drum Rack Sequencing functions.

I am on Live 9.1.1. The problem that i have is that when I use the browse button to create a drum rack track, Live lags out and freezes. Using a MIDI monitor app I am able to see that when the Drum Rack is inserted, Live is flooded with an endless series of 'From Daemon Input 0 Control 1 Expression (fine) 127'.

My question is, where is the fault likely to exist? I am not sure exactly how the situation works script wise, though I am assuming that anything relating to the actual Push functions (i.e. Sequencing) is handled by Clyphx. Any insight at all would be great. Thanks again for all the work it took to create this in the first place, it really is pretty amazing.

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 17 Apr 2014 16:04

It will be difficult for me to simulate your set up as I only have an earlier demo of live and I did not use the clyphx method.
The expression cc is controller number 11 if I remember right , I will check the template to see if it sends that message.
I do know of some issues that a couple of people reported after updating to version 5 , ( see earlier posts) but it was to do with the scene buttons .

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 17 Apr 2014 16:46

Hey WuL, longtime!

You can update your version of Live and still run it under the demo license I believe - it's a very generous system in that respect.

Simteks

Post by Simteks » 17 Apr 2014 16:59

Thanks WuL, I appreciate it. This is all fairly new script to me.

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 17 Apr 2014 18:36

There's is nothing in the script sending a cc11 message , this is confirmed if you look in the midi mapping window of the editor , that's assuming its cc11 can you confirm that.

Hey joe...... There's a song there somewhere! Yep long time
I tried downloading the latest update , it said my demo time had expired so I was stuck with the earlier version albeit in demo mode.

Simteks

Post by Simteks » 17 Apr 2014 18:50

The Expression (fine) is a CC 43 from what I can see...not sure if that makes any difference at all.

I think I may have found what pad it is, it appears to be pad08 is the only one sending a controller message 43, though I am not sure I am understanding it correctly. However, after changing this value to 44, I still have the problem with CC 43, which leads me to believe that there is something in a feedback script that may be causing the issue.
Last edited by Simteks on 17 Apr 2014 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 17 Apr 2014 19:30

It's been a while since I had to make do with the demo license, but I'm pretty sure you can install the latest version regardless of the demo license having expired, but run said latest version in read-only (ie. 'demo') mode.

Now, whether that's useful to you to develop the template or scripts further I dunno - but it's bloody handy for running extra copies on extra machines for performance purposes all the same.