Push for lemur

Post your Lemur Projects.
wren
Re: Push for lemur

Post by wren » 11 Jan 2014 20:12

I got this set up, thanks Wul. Quick question: Does the Melodic Sequencer they updated with 9.1 work?

For others: I had to spend some time setting this up wireless, so I'll try to give a clear explanation on how to do it that might speed it up

The Basics:
Install Lemur on your computer.
Download installs Clypx on your computer, following their provided instructions (transfer Clypx folder to "Midi Remote Scripts" folder in your Ableton Live) to ensure it's working (tracks should highlight, you can send commands from the instructions, etc)
In that folder you just moved, edit the file User Settings.txt and refer to the first image adding the line Push Emulation = On, and save file.
Screen Shot 2014-01-11 at 3.09.23 PM.png
User Settings
Screen Shot 2014-01-11 at 3.09.23 PM.png (10.85KiB)Viewed 12672 times
Reboot your computer
Install Lemur on your iOS device.

Setting up Push:
Send your iOS device the Push Template by Wul
Create Ad Hoc network on computer
Connect to Ad Hoc network with iOS device
Open Lemur Daemon on Computer
On iOS Lemur click on MIDI Targets and try to select something like the following - I've got From: Daemon Output 1 To: Daemon Input 0
Restart Lemur on iOS and observe the Setup Lemur Daemon on the top of your computer screen to see if the connections show up.
Load up Push Template on iOS Lemur
Start up Ableton 9, and turn on the midi settings like the image attached.
Screen Shot 2014-01-11 at 2.56.58 PM.png
Ableton Live Preferences Midi
Screen Shot 2014-01-11 at 2.56.58 PM.png (30.62KiB)Viewed 12672 times

mism

Post by mism » 11 Jan 2014 23:37

Thanks for the useful info wren, much appreciated! I got it working quickly ;)

In case someone is looking for the ClyphX script (like me) get it here:
http://beatwise.proboards.com/thread/99 ... phx-live-8
wren wrote:Quick question: Does the Melodic Sequencer they updated with 9.1 work?
Didn´t work for me with shove (edit: wrong - see below)
Last edited by mism on 13 Jan 2014 08:42, edited 2 times in total.

wren

Post by wren » 13 Jan 2014 01:05

**EDIT BELOW: Melodic Sequencer is working**

Thanks for the answer mism,

You're correct. I updated to 9.1. The Push reacts to me clicking the "notes" button and goes to a screen that looks like the Melodic Sequencer, but then crashes. So I cannot get it to work. To me, that would be a really fun feature. Hopefully Wul has some time to take a look at it

**Edit**
Ok, Got the Melodic Sequencer working! I forgot to put Clypx back in the 9.1 Live Midi Control folder, duh. Now it's working nicely so far! Thanks!

mism

Post by mism » 13 Jan 2014 08:40

Well, yes my mistake sorry, the sequencer itself works, but I wasn´t able to change the value for only one step for effects, etc. on Shove as updated for Push and 9.1, just works with the usual note length/velocity/etc.

newtfish

Post by newtfish » 19 Mar 2014 07:18

The session mode doesnt work for me, tested in both 9.1 and 9.0. When I click the session button Live keeps activating "scene 1" causing all the clips in the first scene to be fired multiple times. It seems there is some midi feedback problem being caused by the buttons on the right hand side of the pad/grid (1/32t etc). Also the previous button doesnt come on when in browse mode, so if Im in the instrument menu I cant get to select a midi effect.

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 19 Mar 2014 09:01

Sounds like something's wrong in your settings , make sure your track buttons for your lemur ins/outs in prefs are unchecked

newtfish

Post by newtfish » 19 Mar 2014 13:15

Hi Wul,

Yes tried this it even happens when nothing is selected for midi (only the lemur in/out selected next to control script) Its weird the whole first row/scene just seems to continually be pressed. Everything else works, except the fact I cannot access midi devices in the browser. Could it be a problem with loopmidi? I tried deleting the "label = setattribute(getobject(), 'labels', '<1/32t')" from each of the scene pads and it works after that, but im not sure why it works :/

Also noticed that in 9.0.1 x32 the "note"button doesnt turn on the melodic sequencer :/

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 19 Mar 2014 23:05

I use midiox although I assume loopmidi is similar 1 thing to make sure is that the loopmidi ports are different numbers
Does L'Pad or live control work ok?
Can't explain why deleting that line makes it work .
Try downloading the template again in case it's got corupt

soundmutant

Post by soundmutant » 23 Mar 2014 18:07

Hi I have the same problem as newtfish I'm using mac and the dameon in/outs for midi and the clyph-x it was working fine before the update I'm sure i use it along side a legacy lemur running Mu never had a problem till now? Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated.
Regards
RA

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 23 Mar 2014 20:31

Thought i'd better check this out , and yes i can confirm the problem occurs on windows too. something has changed in the update, thats causing a variable to spew out a whatever message is in the midi mapping pane if the same message is recieved causing the feedback. that + an oversite on my part is causing the problem ,
the fix is easily sorted.

Is anyone having problems with L'Pad

by the way, have you checked out scaleykeypads/chordroy