Push for lemur

Post your Lemur Projects.
kpmc
Regular
Re: Push for lemur

Post by kpmc » 14 Oct 2013 20:59

@Gab23

I've used both methods and once you've found the files and done the edits, both work well. However, I've found that ClyphX allows some 'user mode' functions to work correctly with other devices (e.g. see my earlier post in this topic about a Max sequencer) so I've decided to stick with that. ClyphX also adds some interesting scripting functions to Live too - whether they'll be useful to me I don't know as I haven't got anywhere near bored with Shove yet!
| Water cooled, overclocked Hackintosh | M-Audio Ozonic, Scarlett 2i2, Ableton Push, Novation Launchpad, Lemur (of course!) | Ableton Live, StylusRMX |

Gab23

Post by Gab23 » 14 Oct 2013 21:23

kpmc wrote:@Gab23

I've used both methods and once you've found the files and done the edits, both work well. However, I've found that ClyphX allows some 'user mode' functions to work correctly with other devices (e.g. see my earlier post in this topic about a Max sequencer) so I've decided to stick with that. ClyphX also adds some interesting scripting functions to Live too - whether they'll be useful to me I don't know as I haven't got anywhere near bored with Shove yet!
Ok, thanks.
a tutorial with CyphX would be nice too.
Could somebody send me the modified script? i don't know how to modify it. i'm trying with Xcode and Textwrangler without success

kpmc
Regular

Post by kpmc » 14 Oct 2013 22:00

Just use TextEdit (Mac) or Notepad (Win) to open UserSettings.txt which is in the ClyphX folder.

Find the line -

#>>>>>>>>DELETE THIS ENTIRE LINE AND START YOUR LIST HERE<<<<<<<<#

and replace it with -

PUSH_EMULATION = ON

Save it and then copy the entire ClyphX folder into Live's "MIDI Remote Scripts" folder.

It's as simple as that!
| Water cooled, overclocked Hackintosh | M-Audio Ozonic, Scarlett 2i2, Ableton Push, Novation Launchpad, Lemur (of course!) | Ableton Live, StylusRMX |

Gab23

Post by Gab23 » 14 Oct 2013 22:31

kpmc wrote:Just use TextEdit (Mac) or Notepad (Win) to open UserSettings.txt which is in the ClyphX folder.

Find the line -

#>>>>>>>>DELETE THIS ENTIRE LINE AND START YOUR LIST HERE<<<<<<<<#

and replace it with -

PUSH_EMULATION = ON

Save it and then copy the entire ClyphX folder into Live's "MIDI Remote Scripts" folder.

It's as simple as that!
Thanks a lot!!! Yes, it was really easy. but it doesn't work perfectly. i think that i did not set it correctly.
how to set the midi settings in Ableton please?
Thanks again. :D

kpmc
Regular

Post by kpmc » 14 Oct 2013 22:41

Attached is screen capture of my MIDI settings (Mac OS X)
Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 23.38.27.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 23.38.27.png (58.61KiB)Viewed 3063 times

willsanquil

Post by willsanquil » 15 Oct 2013 18:00

been putting a lot of time in on this...

it works near flawlessly. the only issues I am having are that the Solo and Mute buttons do not seem to work, and I'm not sure what the PC- and PC+ buttons next to the arrows do? nudge?

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 15 Oct 2013 18:06

haven't tried Shove, but I'm pretty sure PC means Program Change.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

willsanquil

Post by willsanquil » 15 Oct 2013 18:29

oh ****..super sexy bonus...if you have an APC40 hooked up alongside the lemur push...they work together and 'focus' on the same element. If I move the blue hand with the APC40 the lemur updates, if I move **** with the lemur the APC40 updates.

So...my lemur push now has the same 8 knobs as the real push ;)

kpmc
Regular

Post by kpmc » 15 Oct 2013 18:42

willsanquil wrote:been putting a lot of time in on this...

it works near flawlessly. the only issues I am having are that the Solo and Mute buttons do not seem to work, and I'm not sure what the PC- and PC+ buttons next to the arrows do? nudge?
Solo and Mute don't work if either Device or Browse are active (red), otherwise they function as expected. I don't know if this is the same behaviour you would get on a real Push.

willsanquil

Post by willsanquil » 15 Oct 2013 18:48

hm. I indeed can get my solo/mute to toggle on and off when I'm not in device/browser, but they still don't work. I'm in a drum rack attempting to solo/mute a single element and it doesn't seem to work.

do yours not only toggle on and off but actually mute/solo things?