Push for lemur

Post your Lemur Projects.
willsanquil
Re: Push for lemur

Post by willsanquil » 22 Oct 2013 21:11

that's exciting :)

so...how is that implemented for the user? hitting different areas of the pad = different velocity?

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 22 Oct 2013 21:13

Nope . Pressure

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 29 Oct 2013 03:44

vfxjokir

Post by vfxjokir » 29 Oct 2013 16:38

I'm having issues getting this working on Mac... running Mountain Lion (10.8), Lemur 4.1, Ableton Live 9.01, Shove 1.1

I installed the ClyphX and Push scripts, added the "PUSH EMULATION =ON" line to the UserSettings.txt file. In Live's MIDI settings, I have a Clyph Control Surface with No Input and No Output, and a Push Control Surface set to Lemur Daemon 0 for Input and Output, I also have Push Input set to Track (ON) and Remote (ON) and the Push Output set to Track (ON) and Sync (ON), Remote (OFF).

Lemur on the iPad is sending MIDI fine - i.e. I can hit the pads in record mode and the track receives data. It just seems that the Control Surface aspect isn't working - no transport control, Browse, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
josh.

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 30 Oct 2013 09:31

Ooer ........never been reviewed before

Just got their meeblip synth that createdigitalmuic are involved with. It comes highly recommended .

Re. Velocity and aftertouch I have it working. But I strongly suspect it would be affected by a busy template even though an Unmodified shove uses under 30%, as it relies on the frame rate.

hashua

Post by hashua » 30 Oct 2013 21:09

I just downloaded Shove, followed the simple configuration directions and ...Voila! I'm rockin' PUSH on my Lemur!

My mind is truly blown. Thank you, wul! You have got some mad skills there, friend.

djd_oz

Post by djd_oz » 31 Oct 2013 08:04

edit: figured it out.

GERDDiRTY

Re: Push for lemur + PXT-LIVE from nativeKontrol

Post by GERDDiRTY » 01 Nov 2013 14:14

HI WUL,

thanks for your amazing work! I´m a big fan!
It runs and I had a very good time with it!

Now I´m wondering if I could use PXT-Live from STRAY from nativeKontrol to ad more features on it?

Do you think, that would run?

Thanks for your answer.
best wishes from germany,

Gerd Dirty

Edit:

here is what stray has answered:

Welcome to the forum. I can't answer the first or second questions as I don't own an iPad and have never used SHOVE.

On the 3rd question, if it is indeed a complete emulation then, yes, it has to work. It's quite possible that it isn't a complete emulation though.

In order to be complete, in addition to sending/receiving the CCs/notes/SysEx used for the controls and display, it would also need to:

Provide 2 sets of ports; one set for Live (the default) Mode and one set for User Mode.

Receive the SysEx messages the Push script sends when the User Button is pressed to switch between the two sets of ports.

Send a SysEx response indicating that the mode has changed.

I could only suggest that you speak with the developer and ask if these things are implemented and, if not, ask for them to be added. If the developer needs information on the SysEx messages involved, they're welcome to contact me. A portion of the involved messages are covered in this document in the Other SysEx section.

Here its the Link about the SysEx messages from PUSH: https://app.box.com/s/w900ll2tq3tj83raes2a

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 01 Nov 2013 16:17

GERDDiRTY..... To be honest I'm note sure if it will work also I'm limited to what I can check now.

I found the PDF from nativekontrol a week ago . I certainly wish I'd have had it earlier , although I noticed some sysex messages missing from it .

edit..... it will not work without major modification.

Thanks for the comments though.

Valery_Kondakoff

Post by Valery_Kondakoff » 01 Nov 2013 20:49

Just installed Shove. Seems to work well, except two encoders in the top left corner (Tempo and Quantize). When I move, say, the Tempo encoder, the tempo value in Ableton is not changing (Ableton Live 9.06, OS X 10.9). Is this a known issue?