Advanced Keys

Post your Lemur Projects.
Softcore
Regular
Re: Advanced Keys

Post by Softcore » 15 Mar 2013 13:14

Hello! Just confirmed! Silly error on my behalf - Im working on optimising the template and reducing its size but in the meantime Im uploading right now the "fix"....

Thanks for noticing and reporting!

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 15 Mar 2013 13:28

1.6 version bug fix: Channel Pressure for top row in split mode not working fixed.

Uploaded in the user library ;)

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/364/

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 18 Mar 2013 18:22

Advanced Keys version 2 uploaded in the user library

Version 2 changes:
1.Independent Key-Aftertouch release settings for each row (when in split mode)
2.Option to assign each Key row's Channel Pressure to Pitch Bend Wheel , Modulation Wheel or any CC Controller from 2 to 127.
3.Option to hide-show the shapes inside the Keys
4.Availability of "NoGuide" module and Template for even smaller footprint

Version 2 bug fixes:
1.Finger Traces in Keys visible option not initialising correctly fixed
2. General optimising of code resulting in decrease of size even though more options were added
(from 15% reported in editor to 13% with Guide, 11% without the Guide)

Some pics with the new options:

link to the user library:

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 21 Mar 2013 22:46

Version 2.5 uploaded in user library

Changes:
- the template can now be saved either with Split or Chained Mode enabled and will correctly initialise at the saved mode.
- Aftertouch ranges are now not hidden when Aftertouch modes are disabled so that you can adjust the range to assigned CC controller (if enabled)
- small display in Keys page and over the Aftertouch Range of assigned Controller to Aftertouch (if enabled)
- minor other visual enhancements and additions to the built-in user guide (No Guide version still available)
- optimising of code resulting in a decrease of editor reported memory usage down to 10% (8 % at NoGuide version)

Bug Fixes:
- Corrected visual initialisation of some "settings" elements
- minor visual fixes and glitches

link to user library:

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 07 Apr 2013 21:40

Version 2.6 uploaded

Version 2.6 changes:
- Template and library files optimised for classic, shaded, and pixel skins, No Guide versions included

The shaded skin provides rather more "natural looking" keys combined with the disabling of the internal shapes in the keys

Bug Fixes:
- the "testing window" channel pressure display was not working in v2.5

minor stuff: all files are now saved-delivered with common init settings

link in user library:

NOTE: possibly, unless I discover another bug, this will be the last "standalone" version of Advanced Keys which will be further used as "Keys" page for other, more complex projects.

kabletx

Post by kabletx » 09 Apr 2013 10:47

First, thanks a million for your template. I found it invaluable for dealing with both iPad apps and with my outboard gear. Now for crazy request! Is there chance you might consider adding customizable scales like it seen in ThumbJam? If that happened I could see AdvancedKeys replacing all of my other MIDI control options. I recognize this is kind of a ridiculous request, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Thanks so much for your efforts!

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 09 Apr 2013 13:52

Thanks for the kind words!

Not so crazy as a request I have to admit - it kinda makes sense!
Im currently working on updating some other templates of mine and maybe after that, I will have a look at this! ;)

kabletx

Post by kabletx » 12 Apr 2013 19:13

Because I'm a jerk, I came up with another feature suggestion. Would it be possible to have aftertouch calculated based on changes in the Z position rather than the fingers' Y location. If so, one could play notes at any velocity without AT engaged and then slide the desired amount of modulation into play. Sorry for making all these requests, I just really enjoy the template!

bafonso

Post by bafonso » 22 May 2013 14:14

I'm been thinking about making a template where the channel the notes are sent on different channels based on a round robin setup. Or, also known as channel rotation. This is useful to play polyphonically several monosynths. In particular, I was interested in using it to control analog four. The parameters to define would be very simple:

MIDI Channel range or set. The amount of channels you select determine the polyphony. I haven't yet figured out how I would go about designing it in lemur language. basically, the algorithm is simple. in pseudo language..

var midiPool = {1,2,3,4};
var channelsInUse = {};

onKeyPress() would then see if there was a free channel available to use (we would then decide about note stealing or not..) or not. If there is, it would use the first available channel out of the pool and update the channelsInUse array. On noteOff, the channel would be released. This seems pretty straightforward but I would welcome your opinion or if this is something you would like to implement.

Cheers !
b

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 22 May 2013 14:19

Ok then lets see if I got it right.....Aftertouch is not part of the "equation"....

You want to play notes, and note after note, the midi channel changes?