Advanced Keys

Post your Lemur Projects.
Softcore
Regular
Advanced Keys

Post by Softcore » 10 Mar 2013 23:55

Midi Keys which support Velocity (Y axis of finger when Note triggered) and aftertouch (Y Axis of finger on Keys while touching)

Both Channel Pressure and Key Aftertouch (True Aftertouch) are supported.

Split mode: 2 rows of Keys, each one with its own Velocity Range, Aftertouch Range, Octave settings, Midi channel selection and Channel Pressure (if enabled), Pitch Bend and Modulation Wheel. Channel Pressure is calculated as the "average" of all Keys pressed on each row.

Chained Mode: the two rows of Keys form a unified 2-Octave Keyboard with Velocity Range, Aftertouch Range, Midi channel selection and Channel Pressure (if enabled).

Fixed Velocity or Velocity depending on the Y Axis of Key triggered option for both modes.

Option to enable Channel Pressure, Key Aftertouch, none or both.

Key - Aftertouch release setting (0 to 5 seconds). If enabled (anything other than zero) the Keys are sustained for the given amount of time and the transmitted Aftertouch messages decay to 0 according to the release time.

Option to invert either Velocity, Aftertouch or both along the Y Axis.

Testing window to check various settings with a "sample-key".
Built - in user guide and warning dialogues.

Template file and module available, ready to be inserted in your project .

Some images:

Split Mode

Chained Mode

Settings Page

Built-in User Guide, Built-in Testing Key

Aesthetically speaking, it is very influenced by the designs of AB - no need to hide behind my finger, I like the looks - I hope this is not considered a rip-off. Code wise, its all done from fresh start. ;)

Download link in user library: http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/364/

Softcore
Regular

Re: Advanced Keys

Post by Softcore » 10 Mar 2013 23:56

Forgot to mention, module available for direct drag-drop in your templates too! ;)

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 11 Mar 2013 03:34

Oh hey, nice.

I gots a hardware synthamjig (rackmount) that does poly - and now for the first time it finally will!

Cheers fella. :)

hashua

Post by hashua » 11 Mar 2013 17:42

Softcore, I just have to say that these keys are hardcore! ;)

This is a seriously awesome contribution, one that I'll probably be using on a daily basis. Thanks so much for one of the most useful templates of all time...I think I love you ;)

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 11 Mar 2013 19:23

lol thanks for the love! ;) I dont think Lemur needs to be "explored" in so strictly traditional ways of interfacing but hey, I just needed a secondary option of good ol' classic keys in my studio template for when the real keys are not around....so I thought why not at least make them as good as I can! ;)

A small fix coming this way - a mistake in my logic probably results in sending duplicate Pitch Wheel and Modulation Wheel messages when in chained mode

brianc
Regular

Post by brianc » 11 Mar 2013 19:41

The built-in user guide is fantastically done!

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 11 Mar 2013 23:18

Thanks Brian.

Updated version uploaded: 1.5

Please those of you who have downloaded the initial version, download the updated one as it fixes an important issue with the Channel Pressure calculation in chained mode

1.5 version changes:
- You can now test each row's Ranges independently in Testing Window
- Channel Pressure can now be tested independently for each row of Keys. Channel Pressure testing with Sample Key depricated
- slight coding optimisations

1.5 Bug fixes:
- Duplicate PitchBend and ModWheel Midi messages when in chained mode fixed
- Duplicate Channel Pressure messages when in chained mode fixed
- IMPORTANT!!! Inaccurate calculation of Channel Pressure when in chained mode fixed

In the user library ;)

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/364/

artsUNMUTED
Regular

Post by artsUNMUTED » 12 Mar 2013 15:50

very nice

kabletx

Post by kabletx » 15 Mar 2013 09:58

Thanks for the awesome template!

I've noticed one thing that might be either a bug or user error. When working in. Split mode, aftertouch on the upper keyboard does not appear to be working? Anyone else having a similar issue, or is my own incompetence coming to the fore?

Thanks again!