arts|UNMUTED reCHORDER

Post your Lemur Projects.
artsUNMUTED
Regular
arts|UNMUTED reCHORDER

Post by artsUNMUTED » 04 Mar 2013 10:42

Hi Lemur users,

I am happy to let you know I have finished arts|UNMUTED reCHORDER - a powerful chord machine optimized for DAW workflow. It features the following:

- 8460 chords triggered by a smart 3-octave keypad (controlled by inversion and chord type selectors)
- 234 scales that modify the content of the keypad (note names and available keys)
- velocity, CC1 and CC7 parameters for the whole chord or separate notes in the chord
- the possibility to send each note to different MIDI channels
- powerful memory system - 16 memory banks that store and recall all or selected MIDI parameters and trigger complete chords - and display complete information on the stored chord (chord name, chord type and inversion)
- oversized 16 pads for playing stored chords
- and much more.

It costs $26 and can be purchased at www.artsunmuted.com.

reCHORDER is also a great Lemur design with custom selectors, great ergonomics and awesome interactivity. Watch the promo video at http://youtu.be/Ah-W41Zsf0k and see it in action at http://www.artsunmuted.com.

I hope you will find it interesting.
Last edited by artsUNMUTED on 04 Mar 2013 11:03, edited 1 time in total.

Softcore
Regular

Re: arts|UNMUTED reCHORDER

Post by Softcore » 04 Mar 2013 11:01

Sounds interesting...but where is the download link?

artsUNMUTED
Regular

Post by artsUNMUTED » 04 Mar 2013 11:04

Forgotten to mention - it is a commercial project - it took 2 months to develop:-). I have added the info.

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 04 Mar 2013 11:30

Ok just saw the "Store" link - I reckon you should also add "store" links to each of your template presentations on your website.

Sincerely, Im not very fond of this approach - selling templates for Lemur, dunno, seems a bit weird to me....If you want my honest opinion I would most likely give roughly the same amount of money for "reCHORDER" if there was a "donation" button with the freedom to give nothing up to anything.

Im sure you have put a lot of work into these templates and probably they are worth their pricetag but still....many other people do (put a lot of work in their tempates) and do not ask for money...

Also, how are you secured that, say, I wont be buying your template, change a couple of things and then just freely share it in the forums or in the user library? Oh wait, dont answer that! I dont want to know! ;)

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 04 Mar 2013 12:11

I agree , I put a lot of work into the lpad and its free , could have made a bob or 2
In fact I got similar harmoniser template in the works , started it when the last user charged for a chord generator template
Think ill complete it and share it.

artsUNMUTED
Regular

Post by artsUNMUTED » 04 Mar 2013 12:19

You are entitled to your opinion - I just can't see how Lemur differs from other great pieces of software like Rapidweaver, FinalCut etc. where you have also lots of user-made content (both free and premium). I simply don't like the idea of donation - I am not a beggar to ask for your money. If you don't like my products, just don't buy them. But the whole idea to discredit them because they are not free - no comments. And stop patronizing me - creating one good template doesn't make anyone King Julien XIII, if you know what I mean:-).

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 04 Mar 2013 12:36

Thanks for your reply - really puts things into perspective!

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 04 Mar 2013 12:37

The real cost to the community of these for-sale templates is the chilling-effect it has on people freely posting anything beyond the basics.

I know I resent the idea that I can innovate something, post it here on the forums and others like this chap, Traxus or the other guy who counts Scooter among his clientele (you know, the guy with the patent on music-theory) can come along and use that work freely in their commercial templates.

It has already stopped me from posting some of the interesting things I've discovered (and still haven't seen in any publically released template so far).

Probably the only counter to this is for some of us to get together and clean-room reverse-engineer or otherwise build and release alternatives of similar or better quality, gratis.

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 04 Mar 2013 13:20

Lets all charge for templates then eh?
What will that achieve

artsUNMUTED
Regular

Post by artsUNMUTED » 04 Mar 2013 13:34

Can we move this discussion to the general section? - I have started a new thread there on this topic.