arts|UNMUTED reCHORDER

Post your Lemur Projects.
kojosdojo
Re: arts|UNMUTED reCHORDER

Post by kojosdojo » 04 Mar 2013 17:31

I don't think this thread should be moved just so people can pipe in with their opinions. Here's mine... I have absolutely no problem with anyone charging for anything but it should be done in the right place. I think your templates should be sold on your own website and you should pay for your own marketing if you're going to turn a profit. Not post them here (for free). When I bought the Lemur App I bought into this community. The app alone to me wasn't worth the asking price but all of the amazing work that users have done here and offered to the community more than justifies the expense. Wul's template the LPad is phenomenal as is Rheyne's Jammer (I guess he got some kind of deal from Liine because they offer it in the premium content, maybe something you could look into). I don't think this forum should turn into a store with free advertising for everyone's charged templates.

youme3

Re: arts|UNMUTED reCHORDER

Post by youme3 » 04 Mar 2013 17:54

There is ...

Freeware
Donationware
Shareware/Cripleware
Payware

All of them have proven to be valuable. None of them is better than the other. No right, no wrong. They do co-exist for several platforms that support templates/sounds/plugins/etc. Bottom line one has always to make her/his purchase decision based on the value she/he will get of it.

And I do believe a separate "Commercial Templates" section in this forum could be beneficial to Liine. Since this could motivate MORE professional "template artists" to provide MORE professional templates. Which would help a lot to maximize value of the original lemur purchase. Don't get me wrong here, but there are tons of free templates I consider, öhm, nice ... but not great though. Pretty much similar to the ones I could provide. :D