Ableton 4 Channel DJ Mixer

Post your Lemur Projects.
Traxus
Regular
Ableton 4 Channel DJ Mixer

Post by Traxus » 26 Feb 2013 05:53

Per the second paragraph of this article on using the Lemur to DJI recently wrote, I have roughed out a handy DJ mixer template for Ableton containing 4 Channels with 3 Band EQ, cross fading, and choice of 2 filters.

Thanks to our boy softcore for providing the 3 band EQ since abletons is such a flop.
mixer4.jpg
mixer4.jpg (116.51KiB)Viewed 1634 times
Each channel can be assigned to one of 2 filters that can be accessed by hitting the respective buttons in either of the bottom corners of the template.
mixer1.jpg
mixer1.jpg (113.9KiB)Viewed 1634 times

Opening both filters will also grant access to the filter mixer. Select one side as master, and the other filters type will be set to the masters opposite, you can then use the breakpoint in the filter mixer to control both filters and fade between channels this way.
mixer2.jpg
mixer2.jpg (109.03KiB)Viewed 1634 times
To turn off filters or x-faders for a given channel, hit the active button. Enjoy.

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/363/

Softcore
Regular

Re: Ableton 4 Channel DJ Mixer

Post by Softcore » 26 Feb 2013 07:25

Nice one! And its always a pleasure seeing my rack EQs being used! ;)

Traxus
Regular

Re: Ableton 4 Channel DJ Mixer

Post by Traxus » 03 Mar 2013 19:18

I was using this template earlier when I noticed that the Hi end on softcores EQ seemed to be very greedy in the lower spectrum. I then noticed that the low end knob was intruding on the hi's.

After some intensive thought, I was able to remedy this anomaly by mapping the low end knob in lemur, to the low end knob on the EQ, and the hi end knob in lemur to the hi end knob on the EQ. :roll:

I just re uploaded the files, the only diffrence is that the .als has the EQ's midi mappings fixed.