Traxus Scratch Live: Serato Scratch Live Template >>video<<

Post your Lemur Projects.
Traxus
Regular
Traxus Scratch Live: Serato Scratch Live Template >>video<<

Post by Traxus » 17 Feb 2013 20:24

Video here: http://youtu.be/lCfngTIKX9Q
More info: http://djtrax.us/tsl

I've released my first Lemur Template, its for Serato Scratch Live (I'm working on a version for Traktor as well). Right now, it supports platter control, EFX control, looping control, and file navigation. I'm taking steps to support parts of Bridge with ableton live as to create a software based mixer of sorts as well. It started out as an experiment to see whether I could build a true rotary platter controller in the Lemur and sort of exploded once I got that working. As fate would have it, the efx page with the 'breathing faders', is actually much more fun to play with. The platter/cue point/pitch fader page is largely just for syncing the tracks. As far as I know the first true midi touch screen rotary platter controller... I've seen a few work arounds, and a few dedicated apps, but nothing rotary or straight midi.

In a move that will likely upset some and intrigue others, I've decided to test the market waters by selling the template. (I've worked up a way to automatically obfuscate, personalize, and email the template to customers upon a successful paypal transaction, as well as a way to email updates to prior customers semi automatically). Not looking to quit the day job (how awesome would that be), but if nothing else it allows me to form an LLC and write off purchases of music/VJ software and hardware.

goproplatter-small.png
goproplatter-small.png (205.42KiB)Viewed 1793 times
Platter Features:
-Fore and back scratching using the first true touch screen rotary platter for Serato Scratch Live.
-Play Forward, Play Backward, and stop buttons.
-Adjustable Platter sensitivity.
-Setting and Firing of up to 4 cue points.
-Full control over pitch faders, including:
--Coarse and fine Pitch faders
--Ability to alternate between all 5 pitch ranges (8%, 10%, 16%, 50%, 100%) *
--Nudge buttons that can be alternated to various functions: *
----Platter nudge to fine tune the platter
----Coarse nudge to step the coarse pitch fader value up or down
----Fine nudge to step the fine pitch fader value up or down
-Reset Pitch button to zero out all pitch faders *
-Safety button to prevent accidental changing of more crucial functions

* (Starred features require the Safety button, located in the bottom left corner, to be activated before being changed)

Looping Features:
-Select and change auto loop length
-Selecting a loop length longer than 1/2 will automatically engage auto loop feature.
-Loop roll pad, loop roll will activate until finger is lifted from pad.

Effects Features:
-Select EFX BPM sync amount
-Control 3 effects with our unique EFX pads:
--Manipulate fader manually to set effect dry/wet per a normal knob or fader.
--OR, initiate the pad in the bottom right corner for a more fluid fade in/out of the effect
----use the freeze button to temporarily hold the fade in/ fade out of the effect
----use the lock button to set the effect dry wet at the current value, and cancel any occuring fades
--Control the fade in and fade out times for the EFX faders in the Envelope section
----manually choose the Attack (Fade in) and Release (Fade Out) times using the knobs.
----OR, hold the enable envelope button and drag the grid's center point to shape the envelope by hand
------set the range of the grid using the fader underneath it
----OR, use the BPM sync options to choose how many beats you would like a fade into occur over! **
-Use the master release button to release any cycling loop, as well as initiate a synced fade out of all 3 effects.

** Serato Scratch Live does not yet offer midi out, therefore the user must manually set the BPM for the envelope in the bottom left corner (you can also use the TAP button in the bottom right corner) to achive accurate timing on the bpm synced fades.

File Loading/Navigation Features:
-Up/Down/Left/Right File browser navigation
-Load/Eject/Instant Doubles for both decks*
-Select ABS/INT/REL/THRU for both decks*
-Ipad style keyboard for searching files

*Starred features require Holding the safety button, located below the navigator arrows to initiate.