Numerology MonoNote OSC

Post your Lemur Projects.
alloedee
Regular
Numerology MonoNote OSC

Post by alloedee » 17 Jan 2013 10:42

Hello there

Iam been working on a OSC template for Numerology http://five12.com/n3.html MonoNote midi-sequencer. The template is build to cover nearly every aspect of the sequencer. But some funktion are still missing. This is because these funktion cant be OSC mapped at the movement, I hope Jim will fix these things in a update soon.

The missing funktions are:

"Norm All" buttons
"Generate" menu
"Evolve Auto" button

Futhermore I have tried to make some kind of sequencer posistion feedback system. I been able to get it running if I rewire Numerology into another application. But not if I use it standalone. Also I hav'nt been able to get the posistion system jumping around , while using the Random Jump funktion or Random mode. If someone have a idea how this could be done, please contribute :)

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/349/

alloedee
Regular

Re: Numerology MonoNote OSC

Post by alloedee » 24 Jan 2013 23:43

Fix in version 0.6:
Menus fix
Trackbar fix
Shift buttons added

Fix in version 0.7:
Interfaces structure
H.Sync menu added
Skip buttons added
Mute buttons added

Fix in version 0.8:
Auto Evolve button added
Buttons for reseting parameters added
Reset All button added
Minor Interface layout bugs fixed

I have manage to add nearly all funktions now. The only things that a missing is the Generate menu, I dont know how I can do that. And also some minor things like pitch range and step rest.
The auto evolve button is made in Numerology with four Paramods and a CV gate sequencer sending a signal to the X Y and Z buttons on the first step. I will add controls for this sequencer in a future upate

tomoe97

Post by tomoe97 » 25 Jan 2013 19:41

Nice work! Thank you!

mat
Regular

Post by mat » 06 Feb 2013 22:31

nice videos man,
they give a good overview about the functions
...and there are a lot of them...
Numerology is definitley a bomb (said, without ever using it cause being on PC)
I specially like "divide"...

Q: Is it one track only? Thought it has multiple tracks, but not sure...
[edit]: ok, should read headline ;) MonoNote would be one track only, but hasnt Numerology also multiple tracks?

g*mat
Lemur modules and sequencer: http://music-interface.com
Setup: Win7professional 32bit, Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2,66 GHz.,Tascam US-144MKII, Ableton Live 8.4,
Arturia Analog Lab., Max/Msp, Maxforlive, Lemur Legacy + Ipad, Akai MPK61, Doepfer Pocket Control

alloedee
Regular

Post by alloedee » 06 Feb 2013 23:22

Thank you.

Yes you can make countless tracks in Numerology and very complex routing between seqencere, plugins, hardware synth CV sequencer and CV processing units and much more. For example, you can create sequencers that control other sequencer or other functions. Here begins numerology really be exciting.

But Numerology is more like Reason, in its way its build up. With a front panel with controls, and a bag panel with routing and "wires"

featherodd

Post by featherodd » 06 Apr 2013 22:34

alloedee: I'm having a bit of trouble getting your template to work bi-directionally. I've left the OSC ports in Numerology Standalone Pro at the defaults of in:7513 & out:7513 and set OSC 0 in Lemur to port: 7512. Using the session file you provided, paramater changes in your Lemur template seem to update controls in Numerology perfectly, just not in reverse. Therefore the evolving, random, or sequenced paramater changes aren't possible. Apologies, I'm not that familiar with Numerology's OSC support. Hoping you might be able to give me a few pointers.

Otherwise I'm damn impressed by your template man. Really well laid out, great design sense and a ton of functionality. Even without bi-directional changes working, it's a ton of fun to tweak ;)

Quick question: do you know if there's a way to get OSC working with the VST/AU plugin versions or would it be necessary to use midi cc values instead?

alloedee
Regular

Post by alloedee » 10 Apr 2013 22:18

Hey featherodd

First for all, thanks for your respons. Glad you like my project, it was my first major project on the Lemur.

Regarding the OSC for bi-directional communication. Try port 8000 for both in and out. I think thats the problem. There were a discussion on the Numerology board, with someone having the same problem. I can try find it to see what we did then.

I dont know if OSC will work in plugin mode, bur I dont think so. I use the rewire fucktion.

-alloede

alloedee
Regular

Post by alloedee » 10 Apr 2013 22:19

Here is the thread on the Numerolgy board:

http://five12.net/showthread.php?t=2411 ... mur&page=2

Floperry_89

Post by Floperry_89 » 12 Apr 2013 19:51

Hi !

First, many thanks for this template. I spent some time to get it work fine but i still get a problem.

In fact i would avoid conflicts with midi from others devices and templates i wish to use in the same time.

I said myself : well this template has been created for midi and OSC implementing so i'm gonna delete the midi target or each function, i did it ( 2 hours )and now nothing works !!

So please could you advise me or explain me how to get rid of the midi message from numerology OSC in order to avoid messages to my others devices ?

and by the way and is there a possibility to activate or desactivate midi for all buttons in one time instead of do it for the 40000 buttons ahah ?

Many thanks