LeMackie v2 - Mackie Emulation for Cakewalk's Sonar

Post your Lemur Projects.
Softcore
Regular
Re: LeMackie - Mackie Emulation for Cakewalk's Sonar (releas

Post by Softcore » 31 Dec 2012 10:33

Great! Thanks for the link! ;) As for the "pan", as I said Im not sure, if you say so you must be right and I may have gotten it wrong! Will check a.s.a.p.!!!

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 31 Dec 2012 10:42

Interesting! The third mode seems to be a "bar graph" indication of LED rings (instead of one LED, the ones left to it are also lit) while the 4th mode seems to be what Behringer calls (in their BCR/BCF line of controllers) the "spread" mode for the LED rings. (0 value all LEDS off- turning the knob lights up the center led and rising values light up both left and right LEDs from the center, kinda like what the name suggests, spreading).

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 31 Dec 2012 12:54

kissandsound im intrestead in checking out the template with vpots you made. Ive been working on a mackie tenplate for live and the biggest issue ive seen with all mackie controls is
display when using vpots after using the dont reset. so wanted to see yours.

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 31 Dec 2012 12:54

kissandsound im intrestead in checking out the template with vpots you made. Ive been working on a mackie tenplate for live and the biggest issue ive seen with all mackie controls is
display when using vpots after using the dont reset. so wanted to see yours.

kisslorand

Post by kisslorand » 01 Jan 2013 15:42

Softcore, you were absolutely right. I checked the arming parameters by "clicking" the vPots only in one mode, in a mode when every vPot is Pan. After I rechecked the whole "Write Parameter" arming in Sonar I saw that clicking a vPot actually arms the corresponding parameter. Doing that I discovered that the bottom LED in the ring is a Parameter Arm status LED when M1 is pressed. This made me rewrite the LED ring display procedure. I went further and changed the bottom LEDs color to red when M1 is pressed so it's more obvious now what are those LEDs for.
Here's the link to the template: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jcjmlchpasna ... 0Lori.jzml

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 01 Jan 2013 19:29

Downloaded this last one to see what you mean, but maybe wrong file? I still see the bottom LEDs being green....Aaaanyways I was away from Lemur projects these days but Im already into LeMackie v2 with all the improvements you have brought to the table! ;)

kisslorand

Post by kisslorand » 01 Jan 2013 20:43

It's the right one. Check Mods1.LedColor script. There's the magic with the colors.
I guess I figured out what the other two LED ring modes would be useful for. For example the EQ plugin, one for -x db .. +x db range and the other for Q. I just could not make the Lemur template to show the EQ settings. The Assignment gets the info from Sonar that it is on EQ mode, but on the MainLCD I still see the Compressor parameters.
Attachments
M1 LED.png
M1 LED.png (204.85KiB)Viewed 3537 times

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 01 Jan 2013 21:37

Man I know I've drunk a lot due to New Years Eve so Im double and triple checking....still....

1. No such script in the download above (no worries however I get the point)

2. By pressing M2 the "arm" button arms "Pan", "Volume", "automated mute" and any effect plug in included in the effects bin and not only pan...I still wonder why you changed that ("write" to "write pan")..

kisslorand

Post by kisslorand » 02 Jan 2013 00:07

Sorry, my bad, download again. :)
I guess it was me still under the influence of... whatever they were... LOL

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 02 Jan 2013 01:19

Wow! It is very obvious that I have a lot to learn in regards of optimised coding. I was fiddling all day today with trial&error and finally figured out how to make the bottom LEDs behave like they should (and how they actually do in your project) but frankly, I think I must have double the lines of code than yours!

Thanks for the links - not only it get the LeMackie improved but also I get to learn proper scripting! I think I 'll optimise a lot of the scripts for version 2.

Thanks again!