LeMackie v2 - Mackie Emulation for Cakewalk's Sonar

Post your Lemur Projects.
kisslorand
Re: LeMackie - Mackie Emulation for Cakewalk's Sonar (releas

Post by kisslorand » 02 Jan 2013 09:48

Feel free to use my codes/ideas, as I did with yours. I used your ideas for "click"-ing buttons and pots, waiting for the feedback from sonar to change the actual state of them. I still cannot figure out how to properly initialize the leds for the faders/pots assignment. I gave them value 1 as the initial value, but if the first button pressed is Pan, Plugin, EQ or Comp and Assignment is not TR than the LED of Track/Bus will be still on.

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 02 Jan 2013 12:26

I think with softcore and kiss we can fix the display isssue i think thanks too you to ive got an idea what we could do so display reads out value. as long as you touch the fader it reads out infoinstead of just track when showing volume.So if there is a way for the z message to be held on release of fader volumes woud stay. Also that on caps only is a great idea can use faders traditonaly or new school to use fader to do big quick jumps.

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 03 Jan 2013 07:37

Coming soon: version 2 with new features (most of them due to the superb ideas and scripting from Kisslorand (Lori)

1. VPots with push function (emulating the original device), LED rings complete with bottom LED feedback
2. Small re-arrangement of some elements to provide better visual "feedback" of what does what
3. Selected track visual feedback by brighter fader and VPot
4. Deprication of "Meters reset" button - addition of user adjustable time delay after which Red LED Meters reset - found in "Mackie Settings" page, ranging from 0 to 4000 milliseconds (4 seconds)
5. Complete re-write of .pdf manual to also include usage instructions and example photos
6. Minor changes and bug-fixes

kisslorand

Post by kisslorand » 03 Jan 2013 18:42

I felt in love with this template, I have no patience to see what will you come up with.
Sneek peek pls :)

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 03 Jan 2013 21:04

The love is bi-directional then, as I fell in love with your additions - mainly the Vpot stuff! Brilliant! I really think this has become the best Lemur mackie realisation ever! ;)

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 04 Jan 2013 18:01

Ok guys version 2 is out....

Version 2 features:
- V-Pots with LED feedback and push (tap) function (big thanks to Kiss 'Lori' Lorand)
- Master Fader double tap reset (enable/disable setting available in "Mackie Settings")
- Level meters to quickly see the presense of signal and if a track is clipping (Meters change color to RED). Delay time of resetting to "green" adjustable in "Mackie Settings"
-detailed set up and usage instructions in PDF included pdf. Re-written, now includes tables with all the Mackie functions adopted to the Lemur emulation and its unique features ("edit" dual color LED, "flip" dual color LED, v-Pots bottom Led dual color)
- perfect integration, no flakey feedback, what you see displayed on Lemur is always what is really going on in the software
-selected track displays brighter fader and V-Pot
-Intuitive layout: pressing any of the modifier buttons changes the context of all the relative buttons, nearly no manual or instructions needed for the implementation of Mackie in Sonar - just press any modifier button and all the controls change to reflect current operation
- visual displays for "view" mode, numeric input mode, flip modes etc etc via leds
- bonus ACT Controller page to control individual plug in synths and/or effects (on top of the existing Mackie control for plug ins)
- buttons and functions all named after the specific Sonar Lexan overlay
- a few functions not even mentioned in the manual are also displayed relative to context (M3 Modifier ->Input Monitor)
- settings page for behavior of faders, sensitivity of VPots and more

Here are some pics!

LeMackie page

LeMackie page - M1 modifier pressed

ACT Controller page

ACT Controller page - Shift button pressed

Settings Page

First post of topic updated with latest info! ;)

tcfrombn

Re: LeMackie v2 - Mackie Emulation for Cakewalk's Sonar

Post by tcfrombn » 07 Jan 2013 20:05

Thank you so much! I created an account just to comment here and thank you for this! I'm a long time Sonar user and hadn't initially found any Lemur templates for Sonar and while I was very interested, I couldn't justify the $50 price tag without one. Finding this finally gave me the incentive to make the plunge.

Loving this template so far. Just noticing something on the Mackie side... I can't seem to access my HMF settings for my EQ on X2. I'm able to see just about every other parameter for the EQ. Also, Comp gives me no parameters to tweak. And yes, I do have both enabled.

Thanks again,

TC

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 07 Jan 2013 20:35

Thanks for the kind words! Long time user of Sonar here too, and one of the things I was "dreaming" even before buying Lemur was this template. Furthermore I noticed there was a "hole" so to speak for this DAW and figured it would be a nice addition.

Now, as for the specific functions, I think if you search Cakewalk's forum about Mackie support from X1 and after you will realize its not a problem of this emulation: even users of the original hardware complain that from X1 and after (with the addition of the "ProChannel modules") some things went berzeck. Whatever the case, you can still control added plug ins (in FX bin) so I think the missing features is not that much of a big deal.

By the way, I noticed that if you re-arrange the default pro channel modules, the "EQ" view then acceses the compressor and vice versa - but of course this re-arranging also means alteration of the signal path, something that may not be desired.

Generally speaking, I think if you 'dwelve" into Lemur you will soon realize its a good buy even if this template didnt exist. Imagine adding up multiballs ( xy pads in a way) in this existing template for example to control parameters of Sonar etc etc.

In fact Im already thinking of the next update of the template which might as well feature an additional page with multiballs and "assignable" targets - be it on the Mackie parameters or the existing ACT-enabled parameters!

tcfrombn

Post by tcfrombn » 08 Jan 2013 16:57

Awesome! That would be fun. What would REALLY make my day is if there was a fully customizable hex key / piano key page that ran on an additional midi channel! (Just a little food for thought :p)

Yeah, I wasn't sure if maybe I had something set up in sonar incorrectly for Mackie control. I guess I should have looked around on my own first before commenting. I'm thinking it will just be easier to manipulate the Pro Channel with the mouse anyway.

Thanks for the reply, I'm looking forward to the update!

PS: I also just noticed that the timecode on the mackie page is a little wonky. The measure isn't separated from the beat. Lemur problem?

kisslorand

Post by kisslorand » 14 Jan 2013 23:08

The template is just gorgious. The led pattern used for pan it is different than on mackie. The one used in this latest template on mackie is used for values {-x, ...., x}, for example EQ band gain that goes from -xdB to xdB. This template inherited the same minor text missalignement from the previous one (I am on iPad 3, maybe that matters). Leds for vPots/faders assignement are still not initialised when template is loaded.
Anyway it is still the best mackie emulator yet.
Holiday is over so I do not have time for playing with my iPad, but I still have in mind a few things. One is the leds for buttons for vPots/faders assignement and the other one is to display the parameters assigned to vPots/faders. I know, mackie doesn't have that, but let's make it better than mackie!
tcfrombn wrote:I also just noticed that the timecode on the mackie page is a little wonky. The measure isn't separated from the beat. Lemur problem?
Yes, Lemur problem.