MAckie control

Post your Lemur Projects.
wurlt01
Regular
MAckie control

Post by wurlt01 » 10 Dec 2012 06:46

Need help almost done with my template except small problem. im using pads instead of switches so i dont have to press buttons twice. but buttons dont stay light.

A little about how this is setup stc is on midi 1 and mackie control stuff is on midi 2. The tremplate is spit into 2 main parts the fader and dispay then then abovetrack display is six pages the main screen then 5 display pages (thanks ab) those pages are accesdable by touching the 5 buttons above mackie dispaly on left. arm/solo Stc Vpots Quantize nav/stc.

Also anyone that looks at quantize page im using a max for live plugging to change quantization ( http://afrodjmac.com/2012/08/02/free-ab ... ize-mapper )i just mapped the buttons to plugin with normal midi mapping.

Also i took the sl tap tampo and used so i can have visual on ipad. but the math is off from ableton the display on my ipad say 95.18 when ableton sees 96.98. If someone can help with that 2.

Also X closes open pages and brings you back to man screen.
Attachments
mackie STC.jzml
(225.61KiB)Downloaded 458 times

whatisvalis
Regular

Re: MAckie control

Post by whatisvalis » 10 Dec 2012 14:47

Just changed your Buttons to switches and Feedback works fine with Cubase. Mute is off when custom button = 0 and mute is on when custom button = 1

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 10 Dec 2012 19:41

that doesnt work in ableton live. have to press buttons twice. thats good to know since i use cubase and pro tools sometimes. im using ableton 99 % right know. so will definetly try that when i need a nackie control for cubase or pro tools. thanks.

Can someone think of a way to fix this. in the last 3 4 months ive looked at everyones mackie control temple?

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 11 Dec 2012 15:41

Spare me a few hours - I have a working solution I believe! ;)

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 11 Dec 2012 18:31

here you are buddy! ;)

Here is how it works - there's an example Solo mapped and ready for you to test it! ;)
Do the same for mute and arm buttons (thats where I need this functionality anyway for my own emulation- be cautious not to tick or untick by accident any object's checkbox in the project panel - it only works as is) ;)
MackieButton.jzml
(3.81KiB)Downloaded 614 times

whatisvalis
Regular

Post by whatisvalis » 13 Dec 2012 02:44

What a pain you were forced into a scripting workaround, why can things be a little more standardised eh? Nice job

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 13 Dec 2012 13:31

To be fair, it could be fully functional by having a LED mapped to the same Midi Note for each pad - so its not that much of being forced into scripting the button - I just feel that having a whole pad-button lit instead of a LED is, while you mix-engineer your track, more distinct and visually clear than a small led! ;) Elsewhere in my project (for example at the Assignment buttons, Track, Plug in etc etc) I have used LEDs as its not that mixing-critical and usually you really know in what "assignment" page you are at by looking at the assignment surface LCD. ;)

Thanks for the nice comment - Im currently working on implementing more intuitive, visually, stuff such as pressing the modifier-shift buttons will be changing the texts over the buttons so that it is obvious what each button will do when you press it. It requires a bit of work but the hard part is over and Im very happy with the results so far!

So, fully functional, intuitive Sonar LeMackie coming soon in the user library! ;)

whatisvalis
Regular

Post by whatisvalis » 29 Jul 2013 00:40

Is there any way we can do the above with colours rather than light indicators?

drain

Post by drain » 30 Sep 2016 15:36

I found an easy solution for this ;)

Custom Button

set to "switch"

scale from 127 to 126

now it works like it should both directions

tested in Ableton live mackie emulation