Reason Sequencers Template 0.4

Post your Lemur Projects.
electrofux
Regular
Reason Sequencers Template 0.4

Post by electrofux » 14 Nov 2012 16:16

Over the last week i started to built a Lemur template for the Thor Sequencer. But it is not meant to be a Map for a single Sequencer. In the end i want to have 16 Sequencers distributed over a couple of interfaces with running lights and all the shizznizz.

Now the first 8row sequencer template is done

So the thing works as follows:

1.) load the template into lemur and go to the Default interface.
2.) got to the place where the Reason Remote Files are stored
3.) open the Maps folders and copy the Folder with the *remotemap files there (just drop the electrofux folder from the Map folder in the zip in there
4.) go to the COdecs/Luacodecs folder and copy the *.lua and *.luacodec and the incontrol.png in there (just drop the electrofux folder from the Luacodec folder from the zip in there)
5.) run Reason and add 8 remote surfaces Thorsequ1 to Thorseq8 (through the same midi ins and outs)
6.) load 8 Thors (reset them and set sequencer running mode to repeat) and assign each to one of the 8 remote surfaces

That's it for setup.

Now the template:

You see 8 rows which will correspond to 8 Thor Sequencers.

The grey row at the bottom shows the Run button for the 8 Sequencers. Hit one or all and the sequencers should run.

The rightmost collumn shows the switches for the slider section for each row.
So hit the first one and the sliders become grass green, hit the second and the sliders become light green etc.

There are buttons for incrementing and decrementing each slider on top of them.
The red up and down buttons increment decrement all Sliders.

The 7 Buttons in the top left (Note to Curve2) switch the sliders of the corresponding row to the different functions in the Thor Sequencer. And they should get a border to show what function is active. This is a bit buggy atm.

The Steps button works different. When you hit him he becomes Red and then the 16 "up" buttons above the sliders represent the last step for the sequence. So hit one and the Sequence Length is set. Hit the steps button again and it should become white again and the up button should revert to their original function.

The Dir and Rate affect the sequencers running direction and rate (1/16, 1/8...). They are currently implemented as step through buttons which is suboptimal. I am trying to figure out something different.

The 3 Menues Up, C, Major are meant to control OchenKs CV Tuner when his Remote implementation is ready. So no function atm.

Copy, copies the current values for the 16 sliders and Paste, well, pastes them.

Slider 127/0/64 resets all sliders to that value.

Rand sets them to random values.

That's it so far. Ihope everything works out so far. Any feedback is welcome.

There are more features planned apart from bugfixing:

-the dir and rate buttons get reworked.
-most likely i will swicht the leds and the running light so that a lighted pad shows the running light and the led the on/off state
-i want to implement a feature to select multiple faders and increment decrement these

-After that 3 more interfaces are planned: another 8 row sequencer for drums with integrated Ochen Ks Glitch, a buffre page and a rex page.
Attachments
Thor Seqs Template.zip
(60.79KiB)Downloaded 93 times

electrofux
Regular

Re: Reason Sequencers Template 0.4

Post by electrofux » 15 Nov 2012 13:48

I want to add that this sequencer can also set to 2x4 bars or 4x2bars or any other combination.

It is a matter of the cabling in Reason. The Thor Sequencer has a Start and End CV out to chain the Sequencers when set to oneshot mode.

Swing could also be added by setting the Sequencers to Step mode and input the gate Signal of a Matrix Sequencer that is set to Swing into the gate in of the Sequencers. By doing this you will lose the ability to chain Sequencers though.

Next Version has some bugfixes and better running light.

electrofux
Regular

Re: Reason Sequencers Template 0.4

Post by electrofux » 16 Nov 2012 13:16

I changed the running light and removed the LEDs. On/Off state of steps is now indicated by red steps and the running light now lights the whole step.
Looks better now, i think.

Next are multiple selectable sliders, change of the 4step colorcoding of the rows (because of the new on off state) and change of the dir and rate buttons.

And i finally have to fix the lighting of the first step. I have the Problem that Lemur doesnt react on the first Midi Note in the running light Array and i have no idea why, so i made a dirty fix which doesn't really work with other direction modes than forward.
For people who are interested, that Problem comes up in the running script of the Pads objects. The first "if" condition should check for Midi note 17 (i currently set it to 32 to dirty fix it) but even though i know Midi Note 17 is sent to the Lemur (Midi Ox shows it) it just doesn't react (thats also the Reason why i didnt use a for loop in there).
Attachments
thorseq16.zip
(31.39KiB)Downloaded 88 times