Launchpad template working >>video<<

Post your Lemur Projects.
wul
Regular
Re: Launchpad template working >>video<<

Post by wul » 30 Dec 2012 11:58

Any mackie template in the library will do
Last edited by wul on 04 Jan 2013 16:00, edited 1 time in total.

kojosdojo

Post by kojosdojo » 30 Dec 2012 14:55

alloedee wrote:
wul wrote:I really wish I could help
I think I've mentioned it before , but does a mackie control template work for you in live? Because the basic ins/outs setup should be the same
Can you please send me a link for the Mackie control template. So I can try it out. I will also try to test l'Pad on Windows, to see if it is MacOS that is the problem
kojosdojo wrote:Hey Aloedee, I'm so happy that I'm not the only one. I ran out of hairs to pull out so I kind of gave up on getting this working but if you ever manage I would really love to know how you got there!
Happy New Year!
Hey, Iam glad that we can help eachother, solving this problem. Iam sure we will if out thats the problem.
Or else Liine have announced a Ableton controller in early 2013. So if everything goes wrong, you can wait for this one
Experience the ultimate Ableton Live controller, designed in partnership with master designer ST8. Liine has put years of experience in touch control to create the most powerful and comprehensive controller experience out there. Improvise a riff on the Play page, then switch to the Sequencer page to edit the pattern. Choose a key and scale to guide your melodies and use Quick Chord to instantly create harmonies. Use the Modulate page to flawlessly map any parameter from any plugin to the MultiBall object and take advantage of Physics, LFOs and gesture recording. The Launch page gives you everything you would expect from a clip launcher, and more. We even integrated snapshots and morphing
Yes, I am already using LiveControl 1 (with TouchOSC) and it is already great so any additions/ changes I'm sure will be great!

stormfield

Post by stormfield » 04 Jan 2013 09:17

kojosdojo wrote:Hi wul, thanks for the reply but I am really at a loss here. In my drop-down menu in Live preferences I only see inputs under input and only see outputs under output, how would I do as you say and reverse those if I don't see them in the options?
Happy new year! The template looks great in the youtube video. I'm also a Mac user and having similar problems like this. Anyone had progress figuring it out?

alloedee
Regular

Post by alloedee » 05 Jan 2013 12:30

Yes, as I said above, I have the same problem. It seems that the Live version for Mac is different.

Can a windows user please post a screenshot of the midi preferences, so we can comfirm this is the problem

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 05 Jan 2013 19:46

http://www.jazzmutant.com/workshop_temp ... hp?id=live
The above link is for mackie setup for live on a mac the l'pad. it should be identical except for using the launchpad remote script

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 17 Jan 2013 16:36

looks like novation's at it too....... where will it end.!
(look half way down under the included software heading)
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2013/01/ ... -novation/
maybe it'll work on a mac !!

kojosdojo

Post by kojosdojo » 17 Jan 2013 17:30

Looks very cool!

alloedee
Regular

Post by alloedee » 18 Jan 2013 09:59

Launchpad App, sound interesting.

Wul: Would you please send us an screenshot of your Midi Settings in Ableton, so we can confirm that the settings are different on PC

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 20 Jan 2013 10:20

On a PC the port fields In abletons prefs refer to midi yoke 1......8 with no input or output prefix , so you wouldn't be any clearer, what you need is a mac user to confirm how they have configured it , or even if they've configured it .
I have asked the question before regarding the setting up of a mackie control template in ableton on a mac , but nobody has replied the port configuration in ableton and daemon should be exactly the same.

corneliusw

Post by corneliusw » 29 Jan 2013 06:29

Hi Wul. I'm on a mac and have the same problem as the other users. I tried the Mackie Control template in Ableton, used the same ports and it works perfectly. Even my home-brew clip launchers work fine. I'm not realy sure what the problem is. Everything seems to be setup correctly.
::::: www.quamusic.com ::::::