Launchpad template working >>video<<

Post your Lemur Projects.
kojosdojo
Re: Launchpad template working >>video<<

Post by kojosdojo » 22 Dec 2012 10:54

if anyone is on a mac running live 8 and has this template working, could you please post a screen shot of your Lemur Daemon settings and Ableton midi preferences. Thanks so much in advance, fwiw I have read what seems to be the pertinent parts of the manual and have spent days trying to get this going. I get to the point where the box shows up in Live but I'm still not able to launch clips or scenes.

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 22 Dec 2012 19:59

have you tried changing to the following in daemon
daemon output port 0 recieves from lemur output 0
daemon output port 1 recieves from lemur output 1
daemon input port 0 recieves from lemur input 0
daemon input port 1 recieves from lemur input 1
then setting up in live as i suggested previously

dont know if your able to do the above , but my daemon outputs recieve from lemur outputs etc. . albeit with midi yoke prefixes

phooka

Post by phooka » 23 Dec 2012 19:19

I would REALLY like to get this functional in Renoise with the Duplex tool. It throws an error though. Can anyone more intelligent than me set it up? :?

kraftf
Regular

Post by kraftf » 24 Dec 2012 00:38

Hey man thx very much the cool project.
For me things are working OK except transport.
I am using Live 8.2.5 in XP.
I've setup anything you documented using 4 midijoke ports but transport can't work.
Any ideas why this might be happening?

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 24 Dec 2012 00:46

Hi
I think the Transport controls are left unmapped for you to setup however you like . . .
Cheers
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

kojosdojo

Post by kojosdojo » 26 Dec 2012 10:11

Hey Macciza, I notice you're also on a Mac and looks like you have this working. I understand you appear to be miles ahead of me and also would get it if you thought this to be a waste of your time but I would really appreciate some help in getting this going. Really haven't a clue what I'm doing wrong. I'm not a total loser (IMO) because I can get MU working no problem, I can also get LiveControl with TouchOSC but would really like to play around with this Launchpad template. I've describe in previous posts what I've done and posted a screenshot of my settings. If you could somehow virtually walk me through this or post a screenshot of all of your pertinent settings I would be so grateful!! Thanks in advance and again I get it if you're not interested. Happy Holidays to everyone on here BTW!!

alloedee
Regular

Post by alloedee » 30 Dec 2012 00:13

kojosdojo wrote:Hi wul, thanks for the reply but I am really at a loss here. In my drop-down menu in Live preferences I only see inputs under input and only see outputs under output, how would I do as you say and reverse those if I don't see them in the options? Thanks again for the help and for your template!
Its not working here either and I have the same problem on mac, cant see inputs under outputs or outputs under inputs.

Have I misunderstand something????

kojosdojo

Post by kojosdojo » 30 Dec 2012 08:21

Hey Aloedee, I'm so happy that I'm not the only one. I ran out of hairs to pull out so I kind of gave up on getting this working but if you ever manage I would really love to know how you got there!
Happy New Year!

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 30 Dec 2012 09:42

I really wish I could help
I think I've mentioned it before , but does a mackie control template work for you in live? Because the basic ins/outs setup should be the same

alloedee
Regular

Post by alloedee » 30 Dec 2012 11:26

wul wrote:I really wish I could help
I think I've mentioned it before , but does a mackie control template work for you in live? Because the basic ins/outs setup should be the same
Can you please send me a link for the Mackie control template. So I can try it out. I will also try to test l'Pad on Windows, to see if it is MacOS that is the problem
kojosdojo wrote:Hey Aloedee, I'm so happy that I'm not the only one. I ran out of hairs to pull out so I kind of gave up on getting this working but if you ever manage I would really love to know how you got there!
Happy New Year!
Hey, Iam glad that we can help eachother, solving this problem. Iam sure we will if out thats the problem. Or else Liine have announced a Ableton controller in early 2013. So if everything goes wrong, you can wait for this one
Experience the ultimate Ableton Live controller, designed in partnership with master designer ST8. Liine has put years of experience in touch control to create the most powerful and comprehensive controller experience out there. Improvise a riff on the Play page, then switch to the Sequencer page to edit the pattern. Choose a key and scale to guide your melodies and use Quick Chord to instantly create harmonies. Use the Modulate page to flawlessly map any parameter from any plugin to the MultiBall object and take advantage of Physics, LFOs and gesture recording. The Launch page gives you everything you would expect from a clip launcher, and more. We even integrated snapshots and morphing