Alphatrack emulation

Post your Lemur Projects.
Phil999
Regular
Re: Alphatrack emulation

Post by Phil999 » 15 Oct 2013 05:16

stunning! Nice!

And you saved me. I was getting closer to get the timecode, but had a hard time with the position of letters ... was the timecode in the first line or the second ... couldn't remember ... watched videos from the net, but they didn't show me what I needed to know ... trial and error ... got the last letters of the first line ... and just reloaded the thread to find your template. Hmm, and even now I don't get the right position and no timecode in my template. Well there are a couple of things I don't understand. But I've learned a lot in the process.

Yes there seems to be quite a difference in the touch-strip implementation between Cubase and Logic. Your Logic implementation does not work well in Cubase, and vice versa it seems. Going to put mine into LeAlpha.

Thank you very much! So cool.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 15 Oct 2013 06:26

No worries

Used the AlphaTrack docs to get the mappings etc so they should be right . . .
But I don't get timecode at all for the Alpha - don't even see it as MIDI data - Does it send it in Native Mode or only as Mackie emu . . ?
I do however get time from the TranzPort setup, so I will send that to you if you want . . .

Maybe have a look at the MIDID stream coming from Cubase to see if it is sending time data
Touch strip should be sending the proper data similar to yours - Pitchbend for x value, but should also send CC116 for one-touch and CC123 for second-touch - ie 1 or 2 finger dragging . . .
It just does not seemed to be mapped correctly in the Logic Alphatrack setup . . . .

I get all the controls seemingly working correctly and proper text feedback etc How is it for you ?
How does the layout work for you? Sizings etc Is it ergonomic for you? Close to the original? Do you need to always look or can you run it 'naturally'?

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 15 Oct 2013 07:01

I get the whole display with LeAlpha. Frames, Seconds, Minutes. Hours I haven't tested yet. Track names, and all the stuff in the other modes. Working very nicely. A realistic replica of the hardware. Just some small details I'd change a bit, but I'm going into those later. And with my touch-strip it works like the real thing in Cubase.

Yes, notes 116 and 123. The only thing I've done wrong is that I set the speed of the shuttle with 116 and not 123 like described in the documentation. Note 123 tells Cubase to go into shuttle mode while note 116 must be on at the same time, so it doesn't matter. It feels totally familiar. I tried with Multiballs for at least an hour, just to find out the easier and better solution. The Range object, very good idea. I might try that. Although I'm happy with a fader. It reacts better than the original touch-strip. Although one has to look at the iPad, that's always the disadvantage of touch-based controllers.

No I think LeAlpha is ergonomically well designed.

I set up Monitor objects to understand your LCD. I guess I've understood the main portion, very clever scripting by the way, but still couldn't look through it. Well sysex in general, this night I watched the strings coming from Cubase for the first time.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 15 Oct 2013 07:44

I forgot, I already have downloaded the TranzPort dll, I'm interested in the stereo level meter. And other things I don't know, I never had or saw a TranzPort.