Ableton Analog template

Post your Lemur Projects.
shimoda
Regular
Ableton Analog template

Post by shimoda » 11 Jul 2012 20:19

Made a new template for Ableton's analog.
I built this interface to be able to control all of the more than 150 controls available for Ableton's Analog Instrument. It has a few pop up pages, Midi Channel selector, etc. I am not currently posting an Ableton template as I would suggest individual users figure which slot they want to use Analog in, then use the midi map feature to go through and assign each controller. It should take about 5 minutes or so to do this and then every aspect of Ableton's Analog will be controllable. I also made everything fit in one container so that you could add this interface to other templates as a page. I am currently compiling a master template that will operate five or six synths from one Lemur template.
http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/276/

Feedback is appreciated. The LFO section has some fun signal scopes, just for fun.

MC Brane

Re: Ableton Analog template

Post by MC Brane » 15 Aug 2012 13:50

shimoda hi,

appreaciate you work it is so detailed and so many parameters to squeeze on such a small screen it is an achivement.
thank you gives much much better control over analog than dragging mouse on device in live. now i really have the opportuniti to explore this device more.

now i just have to fibure out how to save the mid mapping that i have done on ipad to analog. any hints?
to save as default template or is it better more consumer "friendly option"

thanks again/respect

menemol

Post by menemol » 30 Sep 2012 08:31

shimoda, thanks!!!
someone can share the .als project for Ableton with midi map for Analog template?
thanks 8-)

andre1735

Re: Ableton Analog template bug needs fixed?

Post by andre1735 » 17 Oct 2012 21:43

hey, I think if found an error in the Analog template, but sadly I'm not savvy enough to fix it. controllers 120-128 are actually written in the lemur program to control 20-28, effectively duplicating some of the midi map info in Ableton. for example, turning on vibrato (supposed to be 121, but is 21) also changes the sine wave on lfo2 to noise. same problems exist for all of the 20's. I wanted to curse you out after all the midi mapping I did to set this up (not 5 minutes as you say), but then i had to just be quite thankful you spent the time to share this sweet template. Great work! get it fixed. I wish is could but I literally just downloaded lemur for Ipad and have barely any clue how the programming side works. cheers :)

andre1735

Post by andre1735 » 17 Oct 2012 22:12

ok, I'm seeing what's happening, there's only 127 sends and you've got like 150 things going. well I don't know why, but my midi map in ableton isn't seeing any difference in the channel 1 #21 and channel 2 # 21. lame. I'm still trying to work it out. let me know if you get it figured.

andre1735

Post by andre1735 » 18 Oct 2012 00:02

ok (two f*&%ing hours later). it's nothing you did really. it's just that lemur or ableton is seeing the 20's as if they're on midi channel 1 instead of how you have it set up as midiblabbla + 1 (so there's duplicate midi 1's happening. but after i went in there and deleted the 1 and just put a 1 right back in, my midi map in ableton picked it right back up. AAAAAAAHHH! same problem in the 90's, but i think there's also maybe one place 94 maybe? where there's no midi object target, so it gets off. Anyway, I'm feeling like a real friggin pro at this point, not by choice. I've can just tighten up my understanding of ableton midi mapping, I'll be all set. I'm going to go get drunk. when I get a sec I'm gonna post the damn ableton als file so other people don't have to go through this sh%t.

featherodd

Post by featherodd » 06 Apr 2013 09:20

Any special tips to get this template working bi-directionally. Assigning and controlling a control in Ableton works just fine, but automating/controlling that same knob doesn't seem to update the knobs in the template. I know there's a bunch of setup related things it coud be, but I just tried switching to a few other template with no issue updating controls in both direction and these templates also seem to have elements mapped to Target: Midi 0. Not sure what's going on with this Analog template and thought there might be some trick to get it to work?