WIP: Multi-Ribbon

Post your Lemur Projects.
TheBayer
WIP: Multi-Ribbon

Post by TheBayer » 23 May 2012 07:06

Hi everyone, I wanted to post a preliminary version of my first release. This is in effect a 2-dimensional (quasi 3 dimensional) multitouch ribbon controller. There are some planned features yet left to implement:
  • Continuum mode emulation
  • Accelerometer based velocity input
  • Scales (MIDI space is compressed and expanded to fit the scale)
  • ADSR for Z Controller (key down) vs linear/boolean
I'd be interested in people's input on what I have so far. I may do some restructuring as I go because I've learned some concepts work better with Lemur than others I first used.

-Eric
Attachments
MultiRibbon.jzml
Multi-ribbon V0.8a
(166.19KiB)Downloaded 259 times

secretkillerofnames

Re: WIP: Multi-Ribbon

Post by secretkillerofnames » 12 Mar 2014 01:50

Hi Eric!

Just found this - i've been looking for a ribbon controller emulation. It's quite interesting and useful. I'm using it with a Nord Modular rack. I'm sorry you didn't get any feedback earlier and presume you might have left this project but thought I'd give you some feedback in case you are around. Be eager to check out any further developed versions as well.

I really like the functions you've put on the Control page. Being able to edit these on the fly is great - only thing i'd consider adding is a latch function though setting release very high tends to accomplish this.
It seems that each multiball sends on a different midi channel - is this unavoidable? Could they all send on one channel?
Also it would be nice to be able to enable / disable particular multiballs / voices - so I don't always have to start with 0 - again i'm not sure if this is possible.
I'm not sure how the pitch-bend is working.
What does the grid do? Not clear if it has any effect.
Also not sure how the X,Y,Z controllers work - if they do. I was expecting X to correlate to pitch and Y to correlate to velocity or amplitude but can't seem to set Y up to do this.

Anyway - thanks for the patch - let me know if there are any advancements!
chrs
Lloyd

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 13 Mar 2014 11:08

TheBayer wrote:Hi everyone, I wanted to post a preliminary version of my first release. This is in effect a 2-dimensional (quasi 3 dimensional) multitouch ribbon controller. There are some planned features yet left to implement:
  • Continuum mode emulation
  • Accelerometer based velocity input
  • Scales (MIDI space is compressed and expanded to fit the scale)
  • ADSR for Z Controller (key down) vs linear/boolean
I'd be interested in people's input on what I have so far. I may do some restructuring as I go because I've learned some concepts work better with Lemur than others I first used.

-Eric
The script UpdateDisableSubtree(obj,dis) is broken in 5.0. The dot notation for dynamic object reference is deprecated, instead of:

Code: Select all

setattribute(so, 'color', so.CLR_EN);
You should rather use:

Code: Select all

setattribute(so, 'color', getexpression(so,'CLR_EN'));

secretkillerofnames

Post by secretkillerofnames » 19 Mar 2014 22:32

Thanks Nick.