LeMonArc la GrainStorm alpha . .

Post your Lemur Projects.
Macciza
Regular
LeMonArc la GrainStorm alpha . .

Post by Macciza » 30 Apr 2012 07:21

Hi All

Just a quick alpha show and tell - Introducing the LeMonArc - a Lemur Monome Arc Combo . . .
Special GrainStorm Alpha - works in conjunction with modified GrainStorm Max patch.

If interested please have a look - proof of concept at the moment for further work. . .
A few hacks in there due to lateness of hour or misunderstandings during development
Will clean up and release something more cohesive later . . .

Few issues with 'out of range' data being sent from Max and not yet handled properly on Lemur end.

Cheers
MM
©2013 Macciza. CC BY-NC-SA Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
Attachments
grainstorm 161.zip
Modified Grainstorm
(1.26MiB)Downloaded 384 times
^^LeMONARC-alpha.jzml
Lemur Project
(285.27KiB)Downloaded 482 times
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

shimoda
Regular

Re: LeMonArc la GrainStorm alpha . .

Post by shimoda » 01 May 2012 12:37

Tried to set my IP but can't figure out what you mean by messages going/coming through the debug. I've opened a debug window but get nothing. I'm sure the lemur is connected to my computer as it is synced with the Daemon but doesn't seem to be able to connect to the patch.

jburke

Post by jburke » 01 May 2012 13:34

Hi Shimoda,
This is how I was able to connect. Open the grainstorm patch and enter the ipad ip address in two spots, once on the gui, and again in udpsend box.
Then in OSC target 1 on the gui I entered 8080, then open up the patch again and enter 8080 in the udprecieve box.
Next I open Lemur on ipad go to OSC targets, and add a new target "OSC 1" host: computer's ip, port:8080.

I'm brand new to lemur and max, so I don't know if this is helpful, it's just what i did, and it worked.

jburke

shimoda
Regular

Post by shimoda » 02 May 2012 00:32

Thanks so much, I was entering the info in the wrong location. Now I have to figure out how this all works. Macciza, you are tremendous for doing this, lots left to do I'm sure but this is a great start!

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 02 May 2012 02:35

Hi
*modified from post on monome forum)*
thanks Shimoda - initial proof of concept successful with known issues
I am working on a LeMonArcConnector patch that lets you use it with any standard serialOSC compliant app - grainstorm, trails, lpr etc . . .
Known current issue -no slice led data will be seen unless grainstorm is sending a proper value 0-63 (it sends values in excess of 63 if the end of sample has wrapped around multiple times)- wind it back until you see it and copy to all snapshots and then don't exceed bounds. This appears to be a problem with grainstorm.

Also have variations of interface underway - initially it was just going to be /40h and Arc2, then the other side got added and switching implemented, but the grid could also be shrunk, or I could remake the encoders smaller, or I could have them pull out and cover part of the grid when selector is in the middle or I could implement all via setup or dynamic action . . . too many options . . .

Will be doing Arc2/4 interfaces and also larger grids etc as more polished releases that employ far more of the Lemurs capabilities, and either refine or extend the Arc metaphor . . .

Cheers
MM

PS Sorry was a bit light on the install/setup info but glad you got it sorted - will see about a minor fix to sort that out
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 17 Jul 2012 15:23

Any progress on this. These seems very cool.

whatisvalis
Regular

Post by whatisvalis » 11 Jul 2013 18:41

Did this project get shelved Macciza?

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 14 Jul 2013 13:07

Hmm,
Sorta got a bit distracted with so many other things and various other projects . . .
Did various developments, I will be back into stuff soon and will dig it up . . .

Thanks for reminding me . . ..

Cheers

shimoda
Regular

Post by shimoda » 13 Feb 2015 18:29

Macciza,

I know this is a sort of zombie thread but wondering if you ever got back into this at all. Still wishing I had an arc but I now have a second iPad and would love to dedicate it to some sort of monome arc emulation that worked with the newer Max 7 (serialosc included) and thus any arc-compatible app.